OH SNAP ... talk about customer service

LiLi

Ok so some of you know that I had issues with the Maxiglide coating coming off. I remember when Maxius first came on HSN and he said that the plates were ceramic ... not ceramic-coated. Weeeell ... I e-mailed the company a couple of times with no response. So last week, I sent them a not-so-nice letter. I got back this response:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We appreciate your patronage and want to alleviate any concerns you might have regarding the Maxiglide and the ceramic plates. Neither our infomercial, presentations on the television shopping channels or our printed material claim to have 100% ceramic plates. The few irons that are totally ceramic are sold as solid ceramic stone. Most manufacturers of ceramic flat irons, including the Maxiglide, do not want the plates to be solid ceramic because it is too difficult to smooth and round the edges on the sides. This information can be found in the FAQ section of our website.

If the ceramic is peeling off of your Maxiglide, it is covered under our warrranty and you can send it in to us for warranty replacement. I will be happy to send you a prepaid shipping label so you can return your Maxiglide to us at our expense. If the ceramic is just coming off on the removable plates, I can mail you complimentary replacement plates.

Please let me know how I can further assist you.

sooo I e-mail her back and tell her that I already threw the dang on thing away and that if she felt led to send me a replacement unit I would appreciate it. Guess what response I got!!!!

Dear Elizabeth,

If you have seen Max do his presentation on television you know how excited he is over his product. He stands behind it 100% and wants his customers to be happy. As such, I happily send you a replacement Maxiglide. Be sure to register for your warranty by either mailing in the registration card or online at www.maxiusbeauty.com. Should you have a problem again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
DANG!!! I never thought I would get THAT kind of response. So now I get to do a Maxiglide-Chi-Sedu comparison! I am soooo dang on happy. :D At least the money that I spent on it did not go down the drain.

Now THAT's what you call pleasing your customers.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well I'll be, that was the best customer service through e-mail I have ever heard of. I know you are excited and relieved ya didn't waste your cash.

Mizani_Mrs

UGHHHHHH! I am sooooo mad!!! How dare Maxiglide offer you excellent customer service, when Sedu treated me like crap!!! (ok just kidding). But seriously i am very impressed and very glad that maxiglide offered you this type of service. My sedu is broken (had it for 2.5yrs, but still...) shoot, i paid $130for that piece of crap...i expected it to last for 10yrs. My gold n hot surely did last for at least 6yrs. so anyways, i emailed folica.com and she kindly responded and said my warranty ran out and offered my a discount. and then i emailed sedu and gave them my sob story...those jokers did not even return my email. they claim to be so good and the best but on folica.com they got alot of reviews that were similiar to mines... the plates were uneven and then the thing, first started flickering and then just stopped working. but i think i'm going to write them a letter just like you LiLi so hopefully they will stand behiind their 'professional' product and replace it....

toniy

I am currently trying to decide which iron I would buy. This info points me in the direction of the maxiglide.I do not want to waste my money. Still researching them all though...

LiLi

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Well I'll be, that was the best customer service through e-mail I have ever heard of. I know you are excited and relieved ya didn't waste your cash.

I was in complete shock.:eek: I am as happy as can be. :D Them doing this makes me want to like the Maxiglide better than the other two.

LiLi

Mizani_Mrs said:
UGHHHHHH! I am sooooo mad!!! How dare Maxiglide offer you excellent customer service, when Sedu treated me like crap!!! (ok just kidding). But seriously i am very impressed and very glad that maxiglide offered you this type of service. My sedu is broken (had it for 2.5yrs, but still...) shoot, i paid $130for that piece of crap...i expected it to last for 10yrs. My gold n hot surely did last for at least 6yrs. so anyways, i emailed folica.com and she kindly responded and said my warranty ran out and offered my a discount. and then i emailed sedu and gave them my sob story...those jokers did not even return my email. they claim to be so good and the best but on folica.com they got alot of reviews that were similiar to mines... the plates were uneven and then the thing, first started flickering and then just stopped working. but i think i'm going to write them a letter just like you LiLi so hopefully they will stand behiind their 'professional' product and replace it....

:eek: :eek: The Sedu stopped working!!! Rut-Row!!

E-mail the company again. Maxiglide didn't respond to me after the first two. Please let me know what happens with that.

2.5 years is pretty good if you used it a lot. Does Sedu have their own website? I didn't see the bad reviews on Folica. Oh man ... thank you for bringing this up as this is the first I'm hearing something like this happening with the Sedu.

Were the plates uneven right out the box?

Ms Lala

That is excellent customer service. I may purchase one just because I know they have such a wonderful guarantee. I"m just concerned about getting my roots w/it because it's kind of bulky.

sprungonhairboards

That's cool! The ceramic is coming off mine too but I dont want another one. Im happy with my Sedu. I wonder if they'll replace my hair the teeth on that sucker ripped out, a nice lace front or something :lol:

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I beg to differ. Yes, the OP got a favorable response in the end, but that's after she sent them a "not-so-nice" letter. Why didn't the Maxiglide company answer her previous correspondence? Why does a consumer have to fire off a stern email/letter in order for a company to respond? :look: :mad:

Ms Lala said:
That is excellent customer service. I may purchase one just because I know they have such a wonderful guarantee. I"m just concerned about getting my roots w/it because it's kind of bulky.

Ms Lala

bklynwildheart said:
I beg to differ. Yes, the OP got a favorable response in the end, but that's after she sent them a "not-so-nice" letter. Why didn't the Maxiglide company answer her previous correspondence? Why does a consumer have to fire off a stern email/letter in order for a company to respond? :look: :mad:

That is true. I"m just amazed that they sent her a new one without her returning the one she bought previously.

Guyaneek

Now that's what I'm talking about! I love good service! Really that does help to sell products because despite the fact that you had a problem with the product (plates) I still want to buy one based on your experience! Let me get my money together! :lol:

Mestiza

It's great that they're sending you a replacement, but you should not have needed to contact them multiple times. They should've provided excellent customer service after your first contact.

LiLi

bklynwildheart said:

I agree, but they still could've said ..."Oh you threw it out AND we don't have any registration info on file? Well apologize for your experience with our product but we will not be able to send you another unit"

Still great service in my eyes. :)

LiLi

Ms Lala said:
That is true. I"m just amazed that they sent her a new one without her returning the one she bought previously.

Me too!! I was not expecting that at all.:eek: :eek: