Not sure of hair type!

getmoore

Hi every one. I'm new to the site and I thought that I knew what my hair type was but now I'm not so sure. At first I thought Type 3c and 4a mixed.But then a family member of mine looked at the page that describes the different hair types on the site and pointed out that my hair doesn't have any coils or curl so it's type 2. My hair does not look like the model's hair (Ananda).My hair has small waves and is frizzy.I still think my hair looks more like type 3 even though it does have a "S" pattern.I thought It would help to look at some of the member Photos but it just confused me more! Some of their hair types were listed as type 3 and their hair looked wavy to me ("S" pattern). Does the fact that I have (small) waves and not curls make my hair type 2? I'll try to post pictures as soon as I take some.Thanks in advance.
-Denise

ngaa

hie denise and welcome to the board
i gess we'd be better able to judge what yo hair type is wen u take pics

Your hair type is probaly 3c, but instead of tight curls you have tight waves. The hair type charts are very limiting. My hair is wavy, but its 4b.

getmoore

Hi everyone! Still confused about hair type ,Oh well. Hey godzooki, I looked at your pics and your hair looks a lot like mine but my waves are a little bigger other than yours. Other than that your hair looks identical to mine .What hair type do you consider your natural hair to be? It looks so healthy and wavy!
Thanks so much,

leejure

Get Moore...

My hair type is a 3 mixture if you want to take a look at my waves and compare it to yours.

-lee

getmoore

Hi leejure, Your waves are much "looser" than mine I may have two waves to every one of yours. If you dont mine me asking, Why wouldn't your hair be considered type 2?It has the S pattern that is described as type 2.What is it about your hair that makes it type 3? I dont want to seem dumb but I just dont get it.Anyway your your hair looks great!My hair wouldn't look like that on it's best day!(FRIZZY!)
Thanks for your help,
-Denise

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
Hi leejure, Your waves are much "looser" than mine I may have two waves to every one of yours. If you dont mine me asking, Why wouldn't your hair be considered type 2?It has the S pattern that is described as type 2.What is it about your hair that makes it type 3? I dont want to seem dumb but I just dont get it.Anyway your your hair looks great!My hair wouldn't look like that on it's best day!(FRIZZY!)
Thanks for your help,
-Denise

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my hair looks more like the type 3 hair models than the Type 2 models, although I do have some of the type 2 characteristics. To tell you the truth, I never really got the whole hair type thingy... My hair can go from really wavey and curly to very frizzy and coarse. If you ask me...I have all the hair types depending on what I use and how I use it!

-lee

godzooki

Hey Getmoore, I just straddle the fence and label myself a 3c/4a until someone can give me a without a doubt answer that no one can refute