No heat hairstyle..curly/wild

Innocent_Kiss

I dont know if I'm gonna get a relaxer or texturizer yet..but I've learned that trying to maintain a wrap is not great for MY hair. Bumping my ends every morning, sometimes even two and three times a day ate my hair up. So I'm definitely looking into styles that require low or no heat which is a challenge because my hair was about neck length which limited my styling options.

1. How do u achieve the curly/wild hairstyle? One of my girlfriends simply wet and add a product to her hair. How do u maintain it? Does anyone use a dryer alternative? Also my hair is 4b

2. When u do wear ur hair in a wrap..how do u keep it from being flat w/ out using a lot of heat?

Innocent_Kiss said:
I dont know if I'm gonna get a relaxer or texturizer yet..but I've learned that trying to maintain a wrap is not great for MY hair. Bumping my ends every morning, sometimes even two and three times a day ate my hair up. So I'm definitely looking into styles that require low or no heat which is a challenge because my hair was about neck length which limited my styling options.

1. How do u achieve the curly/wild hairstyle? One of my girlfriends simply wet and add a product to her hair. How do u maintain it? Does anyone use a dryer alternative? Also my hair is 4b

2. When u do wear ur hair in a wrap..how do u keep it from being flat w/ out using a lot of heat?

You may want to do a search on wash and go's. There have been lots of threads on that for sure. I'm no expert on it but what I do is hop in the shower and cowash. Once done some women shake out their hair by shaking their head "no". I don't do that as my hair shrinks up so much that it's just not necessary. After that I apply my leave in, then my kinky curly custard and get on my edges and the front. You will need to find the product that works best for you through trial and error. Some just use gel, ms jessies curly pudding, kinky curly custard, there are tons of different curling products out there and trial/error is key. The only thing I don't like about wash/gos is that it takes forever for my hair to dry. After it dries is when i can shape it/pull my hair out a bit to give it the definition I like.

Ican't answer your question about wraps since I don't wrap my hair after flatironing. Have you thought about wearing soft rollers to bed?

Normally when I do a wash n go it is something I have to redo daily to get that fresh look, otherwise my hair is flat and not as presentable.

If I wear my hair in a wrap I normally do so after a rollerset, so when I unwrap my hair it still has some bounce to it. You can also try pin curls or bantu knots instead of wrapping so your hair is not flat.

Innocent_Kiss said:

As previously mentioned, experimentation is important. Personally, I haven't tried a wash & go yet, so I don't know what product I would need to get that curly look.

Another option, instead of doing a wash & go, would be to do a bantu knot/pin curl wet set. I know that if I do small bantu knots on my wet hair, let them dry completely and undo them, I get what's equivalent to a curly fro! I then pin it into an updo. This look can last several days, but make sure to spritz moisturizer on the curls/ends or it will end up dry (I know from personal experience).

I also am a big fan of pin curls. They're great for keeping your ends curled if you wear a wrap, without the use of heat. HTH!

I don't wear a wash n go with my hair (4a/b) because it's gorgeous while wet but it dries at work and I don't like how it looks.

BUT, I do press/flat iron my hair bi-weekly, so I pincurl my hair each night to hold the style and keep the curls popping. It looks great! Have you tried pincurls yet? I see it was suggested earlier.

Just wrap the curl around your finger really tight, hold it and stick a nice soft edge bobby pin through it, do about 15 or more for more curls, and put your scarf on and go to sleep. In the morning as you unwrap them, put a little serum on for shine. It really works!

Back