Nightly Hair Routine for Naturals

Country gal

Stupid question but what do you do with your hair at night? I have been washing or co Washing my hair at night especially when the pollen count is high. I tie it up with a scarve and lay on a satin pillow case. My hair is usually smashed down in the morning. I sometimes do a CO Wash in the morning or just spray it with distilled water and oil mixture.

My hair always gets all smashed at night too, so I always do my co washes in the morning. I usually I don't do anything to it at night, just put on my satin bonnet. I'm too lazy to try to braid it or anything :lol: I also sleep on a satin pillowcase in case my bonnet comes off.
If I'm going to be shampooing the next morning, sometimes I'll put some conditioner or oil or something in it, but I can't stand sleeping in plastic caps, so I only do it once in a while.

I feel that I am excessively washing my body and hair. Sometimes I take three showers a day. I have been taking quick washoff showers in the morning because it is best to let the wash your hair in the shower. Sometimes I feel the need to wash my hair at night especially after kick boxing class.

I wear a satin scrunchy or tie a satin scarf around my hair in a HIGH ponytail, then put a satin scarf over it. In the morning I fluff it out. :)

I usually just put a satin sleep cap on before bed, no matter what style my hair is in. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase. I usually have to wet my hair in the morning to get the texture to pop back out.

I bust it down the middle and braid each side. I don't put anything on the end because my hair is kinky and it won't unravel. I also put a little constant care for ends on my ends then cover my head with my satin scarf.

I umm....rinse, condition, or wash, and either put it in bun(s), braids, or something and put my satin scarf on

sbaker said:
I feel that I am excessively washing my body and hair. Sometimes I take three showers a day. I have been taking quick washoff showers in the morning because it is best to let the wash your hair in the shower. Sometimes I feel the need to wash my hair at night especially after kick boxing class.

I think as long as you are doing only conditioner washes or just even rinsing with only water, you should be fine. I do that to sometimes. I'll conditioner wash in the morning then rinse at night after a workout. For going to sleep, I oil my scalp and hair with some herbal jojoba oil and wrap it up in a satin wrap.

I put it in 2 fat cornrows, 1 on each side of my hair. Then pull it back, spray surge on the ends before tucking them into a baggie full of EVOO. Then I put on my Cristina scarf. I co-wash in the morning w/ my hair still in braids, otherwise I'd have a tangled mess that even my beloved k-cutter wouldn't handle

nurseN98 said:
I think as long as you are doing only conditioner washes or just even rinsing with only water, you should be fine. I do that to sometimes. I'll conditioner wash in the morning then rinse at night after a workout. For going to sleep, I oil my scalp and hair with some herbal jojoba oil and wrap it up in a satin wrap.

Okay, I was worried there.

I CW at night, airdry for 30 min to 1 hour, moisturize then do 6 or 7 flat twists. In the AM, I just untwist, fluff and go.

I'm thisclose to natural, so...I put my hair in two braids and cover it with a silk scarf. I put a little QP Mango Butter and gel on my hair in the morning and brush it into a ponytail or bun.

Since my hair is currently in two-strand twist, I just tie it up with a silk scarf before bed. To combat the flatness in the morning I just work a moisturizer through my hair and I am good to go.

Comb it out with my fingers, tie it back with a twistie (very loose, so loose that it usually falls out overnight), put a silk scarf on then go to sleep! Oh almost forgot, WGO on roots, and some sort of creme/grease for the ends and hair to keep it moisturized. :)

Spritz my hair with a bit of a watery leave in (Pantene Daily Renewal or Africa's Gold currently), if I need more moisture I'll add shea butter/coconut oil and a little proclaim activator gel to seal it in but usually the leave in is enough, then I pull into two low ponytails with satin scrunchies and tie it down with a satin scarf. I fluff my hair out with my fingers in the morning.

Well I would normally tie it up in a satin scarf or put on a bonnet but I guess I sleep too wild not and it just comes off. I have satin pillow cases tho so I'm still ok. I dont have heavy oils in my hair or anything so its not a problem. I do wash them more often when I'm not covering my hair because othewise i have to worry about my face breaking out.

If I use mtg or a conditioner overnight I put on a cap and poke a couple of holes in it at the top so it will lay down flat and still stay moist. Then I tie a scarf around it. I've been lazy tho so I havent been doing anything consistently.

In the mornng I CO-wash and go.

I just lightly spray my hair with a light leave-in, braid my hair up in two ponytails, oil the ends and wrap up in my silk scarf..that's it. In the morning, I might undo the braids for a twist out style or just keep the braids in and do my thing.

I ususally spray a leave-in conditioner (Oyin's Greg Juice) or an oil spray(Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Oil) on it and put it in two buns. I also usually twist my hair with a good hair cream once a week after I wash it so I sometimes do that at night before I go to sleep.

When I have braids, I usually spray my scalp with oil or a leave-in conditioner and cover my head with a silk scarf.

when I want to wear my hair in an updo the next day i would braid it in 4 sections tie with a stin scarf or sleep with a satin bonnet. If i am going to wear a twistout which is my usual style i will retwist maybe use some gel and sleep with a satin bonnet.

I usually do my pooing & CW at night & make 4 braids. In the am, I'll undo the briads, mist with water, add products, then style in a bun or braid. I'll wear my hair in the style for 2-3 days, then start the cycle again.

In between pooing & CW, I'll tie down my hair with a satin wrap & cover that with a bonnet... in the morning, remove the wrap & bonnet, then it's off to work I go!!

Back