NEWSFLASH FOR HENNA USERS!!!!!!

thesweetone

Just wanted to let everyone know that EveryDay Mehndi www.everydayhenna.com is back up and running for those of you who remember it from that long ago Henna thread "Paging the Hennaphilic Gals"! I'm new to LHCF and that was the first complete henna thread that I read. (It's about 36 pages long and is an awesome informational for those still on the fence/looking for more info about henna).

Anyway, there was this one lady on there, HennaJoy I think her name was, who was actually a Henna retailer and she had all sorts of good tips, instructions and information. I think a lot of people were purchasing their henna from her as well. Anyway, I was sorely disappointed that her site was down and it seemed she had dropped off the face of the planet and I ordered my henna from another site (I haven't received it as yet).

Today I just happened to try her site again and it was back up! I am going to place an order soon, since the henna that I ordered from another company still hasn't shown up and it's been almost a month. Now to start the process of getting my money back.

I apologize for any typos/grammatical erros as this was typed in great haste on my way out the door from work!

CIAO!

ajargon02

www.hennaforhair.com also a very good vendor for baq (body art quality) henna as well. I will have to check out the everydayhenna site! :D

Mizani_Mrs

Yea she passed, she lost her battle to breast cancer. She used to be a member of this board. I really wish that henna was this popular back when she was an active member cause i would have loved for our very own member to profit off of our new found henna craze.

RIP hennajoy...

thesweetone

I'm so sorry ladies! I didn't realize that she had passed on. I missed that bit of information. I wonder who is now running her site? I didn't get to spend much time there yesterday, but I will see if they say anything about it there.

thesweetone

I sent an email to the address on the site and haven't gotten a reply as yet. I also tried the number in the contact info and it has been disconnected. I'm not going to order until I hear from someone on who is running the show now. It's weird that the site is back up though, because it was down for such a long time.

Sorry for passing on misleading information. Please don't order without getting confirmation that the business is up and running again. I know there were quite a few people before the site shut down who had placed orders that were never fulfilled (understandable considering the circumstances).

CynamonKis

Thesweetone--

Everydayhenna.com is back!!

TheSweetOne, I don't think you passed on misleading information, I just don't think you knew that Maureen Jones (aka Hennajoy) passed on. She was one of the most knowledgeable persons regarding henna that I have ever been acquainted with, she will be sorely missed.

Her site, which had been previously "malfunctioning", is now up and running, perhaps by one of her heirs. I have made purchases from hennaforhair.com, but my preference is everydayhenna.com because this is the only place I've been able to find Ahmad henna. I just received my order today, and the following was posted on the everydayhenna.com website:

Greetings,

Thanks for your patience during this time as Everyday Mehndi reorganizes management of its operation. A new fulfillment system is in place and we have resumed filling customer orders. Everyday Mehndi is committed to continue providing the highest quality products and service To compensate for your inconvenience we are offering free samples of Prabda henna with all orders over $50 through the end of 2006. In the near future some changes to the product offerings are planned that will enable us to serve the community more efficiently. We are focussing on supplying the products customers like most and also adding new items to the product line. Thanks again for your support.

thesweetone said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that EveryDay Mehndi www.everydayhenna.com is back up and running for those of you who remember it from that long ago Henna thread "Paging the Hennaphilic Gals"! I'm new to LHCF and that was the first complete henna thread that I read. (It's about 36 pages long and is an awesome informational for those still on the fence/looking for more info about henna).

Anyway, there was this one lady on there, HennaJoy I think her name was, who was actually a Henna retailer and she had all sorts of good tips, instructions and information. I think a lot of people were purchasing their henna from her as well. Anyway, I was sorely disappointed that her site was down and it seemed she had dropped off the face of the planet and I ordered my henna from another site (I haven't received it as yet).

Today I just happened to try her site again and it was back up! I am going to place an order soon, since the henna that I ordered from another company still hasn't shown up and it's been almost a month. Now to start the process of getting my money back.

I apologize for any typos/grammatical erros as this was typed in great haste on my way out the door from work!

CIAO!

thesweetone

Thanks for the follow up Cynamonkis!

I went ahead and ordered from hennaforhair.com, but since you've confirmed that everydayhenna.com is back up, I think I will place my next order from there!

Dare~to~Dream

deborah11 said:
I ordered on 10/19/06 and never got my order so i cancelled yestserday thru my credit card.
Wow...thanks for the update. I just re-read the old Paging the Hennaphilic Gals thread and I was this close to ordering the Lotus Powder Plus since I thought the site was accepting and fulfilling orders again. :ohwell:

tsiporah

Mahalialee4 said:
Am I the only one who read that she had passed on? bonjour

I had noooo idea. I used to get henna from her before she joined back in the day. I told her about the hair site.

tsiporah

Mahalialee4 said:
Am I the only one who read that she had passed on? bonjour

Not many people knew that she was a black lady either...that is why I always promoted her site. She had quality stuff too.