GL925

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site & just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I'm a New Yorker! :grin: I'm currently transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair. I'm going on 9 weeks post relaxer. I hope I can make it all the way. I thank you in advance for any support you can offer.

WELCOME!!!!

And YAY FOR NEW YAWK!!!

Take a look around. there's TONS of helpful threads and sooo much info here.

How long are you transitioning for?! Check out the transitioners support thread. It really got me thru my transition....

Good luck and happy hair growin!!!

Hey Whimsy. Thanks for the welcome. I want to grow all the relaxer out. I haven't had a perm in almost 9 weeks so it's fairly new for me.

Hey Whimsy. Thanks for the welcome. I want to grow all the relaxer out. I haven't had a perm in almost 9 weeks so it's fairly new for me.

I guess what I was trying to ask is if you have a time frame that you want to transition for, and then when the time frame is up, cut off the rest of the relaxed ends in one chunk. (Referred to as the BC, Big Chop)

Many women transition for 6months/1year/2years+ and then cut off the relaxed ends once they reach their goal date.

OR

Are you just slowly snipping away the relaxed ends while maintaining your current length?

I will wait 6 months & then chop it off. Did you transition from a relaxer as well?

Yes, I did. 2 years. This board is full of transitioners in different stages of their journey. You're going to find so much information and support you wont know what to do with yourself :) :yep:

Hey girl! I'm still fairly new to these forums as well, so I can relate! There are so many great threads and users here! I'd definitely explore and read all the different stuff. I have definitely improved my confidence in my hair capabilities due to these forums. ;P

Hey drappedup. I'm really excited about this forum girlie. There's so much information here I don't know what to do with myself. Lol!

Back