Newbie postee- just wanted to introduce myself

Dale

Hi ladies,
I've been lurking around this site for almost a year and a half and then I finally registered april of this year. I think this site is great and I think you guys give each other great support.

Well a little about myself and hair biography. My hair type is 4a/b. All my life i've never been able to grow it past my shoulders b/c I didn't know the first thing about growing healthy hair. The only time it grew was when I had a jherri curl. I finally got serious about my hair last year and I started researching on the internet. First I found Cathy Howse and I got her book, then I discovered The Crown and Glory technique and finally I found you guys.

My first order of business after taking in all that info was cutting off my hair to start fresh. January of this year I got a pixie cut for my wedding /images/graemlins/grin.gif (it looked awesome). Now i'm wearing braids and kinky twists because I didn't know what else to do with short hair. My ultimate goal is to have bra strap length and I know I have a long wait but i'm very patient.
So I hope you ladies will help me on my personal journey to long healthy hair.

Well it sounds as if you got the healthiest start you possibly could, lol. I'm sure you'll shoot right pass bra-strap and be well on your way to WAIST-LENGTH /images/graemlins/clap.gif. You'll love it here (I know I do, hehehe).

sounds like a good plan! make sure u post pics for us to see! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh I'll be posting my pics soon. I've been gathering my files so that I can complet my album on fotki.

Welcome. /images/graemlins/wave.gif I found this site after reading C. Howse's book and the hair lady too.

Welcome Dale. I'm just curious, are you going to remain natural or are you going to relax your hair?

No I'm not natural. I've already relaxed my hair three times this year - January, april and September. I just keep braids b/c I don't know how to style my short hair without using a curling iron. It was to short to put in one or a bun.

welcome to the forum! you will have a lot of reading to do to learn as much as you can about our hair!!

Back