New and need advice ASAP

bibs

Hi ladies, I'm new here (after lurking for the past 6 months) and need some advice! I just took out an install of curly hair because it had matted up horribly and looked a hot mess. Now I have no clue what to do with my own hair. I put this install in because I'm trying to transition (itching to chop) and had a setback with my last install (my first) when I hopped in the shower after unbraiding two months worth of dead hair. My hair matted up really badly, my hubby tried to un-mat it the best he could but I had to chop sections off :nono: . I'm also trying to grow in an asymetrical cut I got around this time last year... all in all, my hair looks BUSTED and I have to be up and at school at 7 am tomorrow morning and I have NO CLUE what to do! Please help and TIA

Mrs. Verde

Do you have a scarf that you can use? What about a wig? What's the issue? Are you still trying to detangle or just don't know what you want to do with you hair?

If you still need to detangle, DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR. Saturate your hair with oil, whatever you have on hand will do. This should help with the detangle.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

[video=youtube;X_I78b5AB20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_I78b5AB20[/video]

[video=youtube;Wso-IGwjVOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wso-IGwjVOw[/video]

Curly Luul

Wow i'm sorry you are going through all this. I'm sorry if this doesnt help you but you could wash your hair and try to detangle it whilst your hair it wet; deep condition your hair in sections and then wear it in a protective style for school. try 2 strand twists, or a bun?

Hopefully someone here will have better advice

x

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Here's one more. I posted these to use to buy you time to figure out what to do with your hair. If you aren't ready to chop, I'd get braid extensions for the next couple of months, ad let your hair rest and grow.

[video=youtube;n5nYwpUStkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5nYwpUStkM&feature=related[/video]

bibs

Thanks! I don't have a cute hair scarf to wear out, but I do have one to tie my hair up tonight. I don't have any wigs or really know how to do much of anything cute to my hair. I'm just starting to really take care of it and the only thing I can really do is a braidout, lol. I'm tempted to take the day off...

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Thanks! I don't have a cute hair scarf to wear out, but I do have one to tie my hair up tonight. I don't have any wigs or really know how to do much of anything cute to my hair. I'm just starting to really take care of it and the only thing I can really do is a braidout, lol. I'm tempted to take the day off...
The first vid I posted shows you how to do a head wrap using a t-shirt. Betcha got one of those..hubby prolly does too. :)

bibs

Thank you! I might try this when I go to class on Thursday! I teach in a 1st grade class 3-days a week and will probably just condition and make a teeny bun for tomorrow :/

Nonie

As far as detangling, I'm not sure what products to recommend but people have found that leaving conditioner in your hair for a long time does make tangles melt away. So maybe apply some conditioner and baggy for the night and maybe even under the scarf.

If you have shawls, like the Pashmina ones, they too can work. They are just bulky and you may have to fold them over to get a smaller scarf. But they look good in the basic bun wrap even when they are big.

When you get home from school, just take your time and work on a small section at a time, starting from the ends and using the end tooth of a comb, patiently and carefully work your way through the tangle. Once that hair is detangled, braid it to keep it from tangling again and then move onto another section. I hope someone who's a pro at detangling can chime in with more specific details.

And in future DO NOT wet your hair before detangling and making sure all shed hair is out. Also, when undoing your hair, comb small sections of it as you free the hair and then braid it to keep it detangled and from curling back on itself while you work on another section. In other words, aim to keep your hair from tangling up by keeping it stretched as much as you can and keep the braids in while you wet your hair to wash. If you missed any of the threads on washing with braids, I'll try to find some for you but this is very important if you want to avoid tangles and a lot of headache during your wash. It may be time-consuming but very well worth it.