Needed: Naturally shinny hair

gn1g

My hair is very dull looking.

What do you do to get a natural shine and is dull hair indicative of anything significant?

Blessed_Angel

My hair is very dull looking.

What do you do to get a natural shine and is dull hair indicative of anything significant?

If you'd already clarified and chelated (Kenra has a great poo that does both) your hair and it's still dull looking. You could try Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine. That gives shine and moisturizes. I heard her Nourishing Cream is supposed to be a lighter version; perfect for the warmer summer days.

donewit-it

I'm interested in finding a solution to my dry hair. I'm natural and I know that natural hair doesn't necessarily shine, but has a sheen. I don't know what to do about my dull looking hair, especially once it dries throughout the day. I've tried Jane Carter's nourish and shine and although it does make my hair soft, I can't really say that it shines without putting too much product on and then my hair feeling greasy:ohwell:

I've been contemplating putting a rinse in my hair. Do you think that would be effective. I don't want any more damage done to my hair though

Nonie

The only thing I can think of that would make your hair shine naturally as best as it can w/o help from products is doing an ACV rinse to close the cuticles. Especially after clarifying....

Closed cuticles reflect light better and should be the foundation for whatever else you do to bring on the sheen/shine.

donewit-it

This morning I applied honey to my hair in the shower while wet after doing a 2-min reconstructor treatment. I will monitor throughout the day to see if my hair is shining.

locabouthair

I have the same problem as you, even my mom and hairdresser notice how dull my hair is.

I have done some reading up on it, and dull hair can be due to a deficiency is omega fatty acids. That's why people suggest eating lots of salmon and eating flaxseed or taking flaxseed oil. These foods are rich in omega acids, and a deficiency is them often will result in dry, brittle, dull hair.

Also drinking lots of water can help also. The thing with any diet or supplement is that it will take some time to see results because it will only affect the new growth coming in, since hair is dead, the hair that's already on your head will not be affected.
I would stick to a diet or supplement for a couple of months.

Many people here have said that flaxseed made their hair very shiny. I just started taking it again myself. I was never consistent in the past.

For a temporary fix, you can try hair rinses or even a clear rinse. HTH