Need Transitioning Help!

Hi everyone! I'm in the process of transitioning and need your help. I have about 5 inches of new growth and now when I try and wear my hair natural (wash and go) it looks like a puffy mess! It’s very obvious that half my hair is relaxed and half is new growth.

Is there any product that can help blend the two different textures together so that it looks more uniform going all the way down? Or will I just have to deal with this problem until I decide to chop off my relaxed ends?

Thanx, all of your advice is desperately needed!

model_chick717

I can't think of a PRODUCT that can help "blend" the two textures--but you may want to try braidouts or rollersets as a styling method to try to blend the two textures instead. HTH!

GinuwinesBoo

i agree i plan on transitioning (if i can actually stick with it this time) and i think braid outs work the best. or you could get a phony tail with a crimpy/curly texture to it to match ur new growth

lsubabiedee

sounds exactly how my hair was...unfortunately i never wore my hair down much while transitioning...i just played around with updo's...but i think that braidouts and twistouts may work for you...

Nonie

279... (You don't make it easy to say or remember your name, do you?
)

I'm sure there are more, but here are a few threads I found that might be helpful:

Transitioners/Naturals-something 2 smooth your bun

Easy and Painless Way to Transition!

Deep Brilliance for Transitioning Heads

Transitioners Help! I'm gonna fall off the wagon!!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I've been transitioning and have a few inches of growth and the wash and go style does NOT work well with relaxed hair. Twist-outs or braid -outs have worked the best for me and every once in a while I blow-dry it straight with a Ion or John frida relax blow dry cream. The only thing about the braid outs is that every night I have to redo them to keep them looking their best.

spanishteardrops

Always follow your heart
279 I have the same exact problem! I have about 4-6 inches (different areas) of new growth and I can't figure out what to do with it. I can't wear my hair out at work because its too long. But my ponytails anyways come out lumpy. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

nonie- about my name LOL, it was an accident, i never ment for that to be my name on here. looks like everyone is calling me 279, seems easier

Thanx 4 all the helpful links and advice. i guess i can't do the wash n go syle anymore until i cut the relaxed ends off. Looks like the styles that i can go with both textures of hair are ponytails, blowdried straight, and braid outs!

NAY007

Here are some things I did:

When I wanted to wear my hair curly I would spray John Frieda Ripple Effect all over my hair and scrunch it. My hair would come out curly all over.

When I wanted to wear it straight I just did my regular blow drying routine with a round brush.

Or, and I think this is still the best thing: PROTECTIVE styles. Smoothing your hair into a bun or two braids shouldn't be a problem when you use a serum.