Need patience and time for natural 4/a/b/z hair?

Amour

I love natural hair texture but I have trouble styling, handling and generally managing natural texture (hence the reason why I texturised).

Although I am texturised, my hair texture is still pretty much still 4a/b natural just slightly easier to handle. (I think I am naturally 4z :spinning:)

Naturals (esp 4 a/bs) what things, products make handling natural hair easier?

I was just reading the washing natural hair everyday thread and I was :blush:. When I wash my hair it takes hours and hours to detangle its really frustrating. Ladies here make looking after natural hair so easy (hence the reason I decided to transit :rolleyes: :lachen:). I constantly stay weaved up, because although I do not want to part with my natural texture I dont know how to deal with it (I think it stems from being relaxed at such a young age.. I never personally had to deal with looking after my hair whilst it was in its natural state :ohwell: :nono:)

How do you do it ladies?

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I love natural hair texture but I have trouble styling, handling and generally managing natural texture (hence the reason why I texturised).

Although I am texturised, my hair texture is still pretty much still 4a/b natural just slightly easier to handle. (I think I am naturally 4z :spinning:)

Naturals (esp 4 a/bs) what things, products make handling natural hair easier?

I was just reading the washing natural hair everyday thread and I was :blush:. When I wash my hair it takes hours and hours to detangle its really frustrating. Ladies here make looking after natural hair so easy (hence the reason I decided to transit :rolleyes: :lachen:). I constantly stay weaved up, because although I do not want to part with my natural texture I dont know how to deal with it (I think it stems from being relaxed at such a young age.. I never personally had to deal with looking after my hair whilst it was in its natural state :ohwell: :nono:)

How do you do it ladies?
My natural texture is 4a/b and it wasn't difficult to detangle at all. I loved washing everyday. But it was time consuming to style. That was one of my major reasons for going back to relaxer. I couldn't be spontaneous because The Hair always took a lot of time....I'd have to prepare it the night before or start getting ready 4/5 hrs in advance if I knew I had somewhere to be.....

Shawnee66

My hair is 4zzzz and I could never wash it everyday. My hair is very dry, I have to apply some type of moisturizer daily. It takes about 1 week to recover from washing, even if I just condition wash. It doesn't take long to detangle because my hair is only about 4-5 inches. I detangle while the condition is still in or I spritz with a combination of vegetable glycerin and water, it takes me about a half hour to detangle. Before I BC the second time I would only wash my hair in sections and that really help with detangling.

Nonie

I never wash my hair unless it's in braids or twists, that helps keep tangles at bay. I undo it only when it's dry. When wearing it out, S-Curl seems to give it just the slip it needs to comb easily and also makes the coils pop. At night I put it into big square plaits and wear a plastic cap for the night. In the AM it is usually moist and easy to comb and the plaits I had it in keep it from getting tangled. Otherwise, I'm mostly in braid or twists coz I'm too lazy to deal with my hair daily.

morehairplease

co-signing with the op I believe that I have 4z hair too. I was cw everyday.....not anymore. I came to the realization that it was just too much for my hair. I am back to shampooing/deep conditioning once a week. Although, I work out everyday I am still not going to cw my hair(it is just TOO much stress to my strands).

E. Princess

OP, washing your hair in large braids may help cut down on the detangling sessions because you aren't allowing for your hair to shrink and curl on itself.

As far as products, I just make sure I have a thick or creamy conditioner (ex. Trader Joe's Norish Spa and Aussie Moist) on hand. V05 just wasn't cutting it for me after a while. I was using almost a half bottle with each wash :nono:. The conditioner and water weighs down my hair, which takes about 10 minutes to detanlge. I don't know about washing my loose hair daily because I think I'll be asking for some serious tangles. The only time I would rinse or wash my hair daily is if I had box braids.

Last edited: