Need a little advice from relaxed heads...

Hey ladies, :yawn:
For my relaxed, or maybe even once relaxed ladies, I had a quick question. After I cowash and dc (which my hair absolutely loves :grin:) I put hawaiian silk 14 in one in and seal with ors coconut oil, I usually braid my hair into two braids and wrap a scarf on my head so that my edges air dry straight.

When I braid my hair, it dries wavy, which I LOVE, but some days I want my hair to dry straight.

So when I wrap it up in a silk scarf to dry, what should I do instead of braiding it? :drunk: Thanks!!

NIN4eva

Try cross wrapping - parting your hair down the middle (like you are going to make pigtails) cross them over and then wrap it all around your head). It'll take longer for the back to dry.

Bnster

Just wrap your edges with the scarf and hang the rest out to dry. Run hands through your hair to the ends for smoothing while drying. Good luck!

Calling sunnieb and Nix08 to this thread for you.

Aireen

Wrapping made my edges break off. :ohwell:

So now take all my hair in a ponytail, wrap my hair around my hand, hold it in place when done, then attach it to the top of my head with a hair clip. There's no constant manipulation like with wrapping and I don't have problems with creasing like using hair pins.

Raspberry

I always airdry straight, but put in bantu knots before bed if I want waves or curls.

@sunnieb Good idea, I'll have to try this :yep:.. usually I airdry like 70% and then put in bantu knots overnight. However, my hair is usually not fully dry in the morning so I'm left with big wavy & puffy hair (I'm not bonelaxed) when I take the knots out.. it's actually a cute pseudo-natural look with a headband/scarf but unpredictable since the results aren't consistent.

almondjoi85

I like to air dry in a low bun, it's mostly straight with a slight wave at the ends. Usually comes out very pretty but it takes a while to dry completely.

Just wrap your edges with the scarf and hang the rest out to dry. Run hands through your hair to the ends for smoothing while drying. Good luck!

Calling sunnieb and Nix08 to this thread for you.

Lol!! Calling the pros out!!! Calling the pros out! :lachen: Both ladies have superbly beautiful hair!

And thanks, Sats are my cowash days, so I'm going to absorb all this advice and try it next sat!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Let it hang and sit in front of a fan if you like to help speed up drying. Run your hands through it and/or comb through it periodically to help the hair dry straighter.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Hiyah!!!

I airdry similar to sunnieb except I do not use a comb, I use my fingers. (At 7+ weeks post I bring out the bone comb if I feel it necessary). I use a satin headband to tame the new growth (7+ weeks post). I am relaxed bone straight.
When I first started trying to airdry I thought the ladies on the board were full of it. I would get a big puffy mess when I was done. (I think you can train your hair to dry). I started off using the t-shirt method which left my ends with a very slight wave and I'd put my hair in a sock cap overnight...my hair would come out straight with a very slight wave. Ok I'm rambling now:ohwell:

Hiyah!!!

I airdry similar to sunnieb except I do not use a comb, I use my fingers. (At 7+ weeks post I bring out the bone comb if I feel it necessary). I use a satin headband to tame the new growth (7+ weeks post). I am relaxed bone straight.
When I first started trying to airdry I thought the ladies on the board were full of it. I would get a big puffy mess when I was done. (I think you can train your hair to dry). I started off using the t-shirt method which left my ends with a very slight wave and I'd put my hair in a sock cap overnight...my hair would come out straight with a very slight wave. Ok I'm rambling now:ohwell:

LOL!!! hey!!!!!!!! :grin:

Even if this was a rant, it was an enjoyable one!! :grin: Also informative! :yep: