Naturals who use the Denman Brush

tthreat08

Hey Ladies!

What denman brush are you natural ladies using to detangle and keep the knots away???

Thanks in advance!

SEMO

I use this one:

I believe it is the D7, and I got in from Sally's (it's the only Denman sold there to my knowledge).

Eta: I guess it's actually the D3 not the D7. I always get confused because I keep thinking the number equals the rows of bristles.

Last edited:

CarLiTa

i have one that looks the same from Walgreens/CVS.

It is a Denman knock-off by Conair. I've used my sister's Denman before, and I'd say there is no difference.

The conair knock-off cost me $3.49

SEMO

i have one that looks the same from Walgreens/CVS.

It is a Denman knock-off by Conair. I've used my sister's Denman before, and I'd say there is no difference.

The conair knock-off cost me $3.49
I've used both and to me, the bristles of the Denman are longer and more flexible. The Conair one worked fine, but after using my Denman for a while I like it much better than the Conair version.

Creatividual

I used to use a knock off of the the D4 but the bristles weren't far enough apart and were doing more harm to my 4a coils than good. So I now use a knock off of the D200 which is a vented brush-the bristles are more spread out and I loose so much less hair. I got it at my local beauty supply store for about $3.

I'm interested in trying the D31 or D41 though.

Last edited:

labelfree

I have the knock off of the D3 that I bought at Rite Aide (I think). I had problems with it also but recently learned you can remove the bristles so I'm going to give it another try :grin:

tthreat08

I used to use a knock off of the the D4 but the bristles weren't far enough apart and were doing more harm to my 4a coils than good. So I now use a knock off of the D200 which is a vented brush-the bristles are more spread out and I loose so much less hair. I got it at my local beauty supply store for about $3.

I'm interested in trying the D31 or D41 though.

O, so what are the characteristics of these different models?

Creatividual

O, so what are the characteristics of these different models?

The D31 and 41 have widely spaced bristles and there are fewer of them. The D31 has 7 rows of bristles and the 41 has 9 rows.

The D3 and D4 models have more bristles and they are more closely spaced. D3 has 7 rows or bristles and D4 has 9 rows.

LuyshuZ

I use the D41. This one is specially made for long curly hair and is now marketed on websites as "free flow" for afro textured hair.

keepithealthy

I have the knock off of the D3 that I bought at Rite Aide (I think). I had problems with it also but recently learned you can remove the bristles so I'm going to give it another try
can you tell me how.

discobiscuits

i have three. each one is progressively more gentle/pliable.

i have the classic black/pink 7 row - very stiff and strong. i don't use often mostly if i'm wet brushing into a pony or puff

my fave is the denman noir - 9 rows - very gentle on my hair.

this one is a back-up stand by i keep @ work

nappystorm

I have a D3. Sally's had them on sale for 5 dollars. I love it and I no longer get those single stranded knots.