Naturals w/colored hair who do daily cond. washes

alireno

I was just wondering if there are any naturals w/ colored hair who do daily conditioner washes. I have been natural for almost a year and am contemplating coloring my hair. It would have to be permanent color because I do 2 cond. washes everyday and I know a semipermanent color would not last very long. I don't know, maybe a semiperm might work. I know they are supposed to be less damaging. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences.

ms_kenesha

I have a perm. color T&T bronze and I con-wash everyday or at least every other day. I haven't had a problem with my color fading or anything like that.

gabrielle2

hey...i am a natural..using textures and tones cherry wood. i dont conditioner wash everyday..(maybe 5 times a week) i havent experienced any problems either.

i do understand about the coloring fading. even when i was relaxed..rinses and the like didnt work well with me.

SVT

Re: Naturals w/colored hair who do daily cond. was

Clairol's Textures and Tones lasted maybe 3 weeks for me. I thought that was pretty good considering that I applied Jazzing almost weekly.

Right now I have Bijon in my hair. I figured the powder colors would last longer than the creams and I was right. It's been a full 3 weeks now and I'm still happy with the color.
I estimate a retouch would be needed in another two weeks but I've decided to give the synthetic colors a rest while I test out the hennas and indigos.

SVT

Re: Naturals w/colored hair who do daily cond. was

Oops, I forgot to say that I CO daily.