Naturals: products your relaxed hair loved but your natural hair doesn't?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I am just wondering...for those people who used to be relaxed....was there a product that your relaxed hair LOVED but your natural hair doesn't?

Likewise, is there a product that your relaxed hair could not tolerate but your natural hair can?

Just wondering.

landakaye

My relaxed hair loved lots of oil. It practically drank it but my natural hair not so much now. All is need is a tiny bit and Im good.

prettykinks

My relaxed hair loved Luster's Pink Oil. It made my hair so shiny. It just sits on top of my natural hair doing nothing at all.

Tru_Mind

My relaxed hair didn't love any products...I was always trying to find something that really works. Well, execpt for WGO, but I was transitioning.

My natural hair love's LeKair Cholesterol Plus Strengthening And Conditioning Cream(peach), Fantasia Shampoo and Leave-in Conditioner with aloe...and WGO of course.

Last edited:

SilkyandSmooth

Most Dominican conditioners. My relaxed hair loved them but my natural does not. My hair is so much easier to detangle when I use regular (Suave, V05, Dove, Kenra, etc) conditioners. I rarely use Dominican conditioners these days.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
When I was relaxed, I swore by ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I used it all the time, for deep conditioning and general moisturizing. I tried to put it on last week to finish it up and my hair was not having it, it felt horrible.

Divastate

My relaxed hair loved any mineral oil based moisturizer- Pink Oil, MoistureMax, Motions Oil.
My natural hair can't stand anything with mineral oil in it.

Lucia

Relaxed hair liked absolutely nothing I tried everything and it still broke off. My natural hair likes thick creamy conds, sls free shampoos, coconut milk, avocados, eggs, oils, and scurl.

lsubabiedee

sprungonhairboards said:
Relaxed hair loved protein, natural hair hates it
Natural hair loves WATER! Relaxed hair.. well you know

yeah, that's pretty much what i was gonna say, especially the protein part

cocopuff

When I was relaxed, my hair liked Keracare Humecto Conditioner, but now it really doesn't work for my natural hair. My relaxed hair also used to like Elasta QP Mango Butter, but now it seems to make my natural hair a little dry.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Don't have any products that don't work for my natural hair yet. I use mostly ElastaQp Products. I would have to say the products work better on my natural hair than my relaxed hair.

ETA: I tried NTM Healing Shine Serum a few days after getting my BC and it made my natural hair hard and crispy. :ohwell: I remember it making my relaxed hair nice and soft... isn't that strange???

Last edited:

caligirl

My relaxed hair loved KeraCare leave in conditioner. It made my strands look thicker and gave bling bling kind of shine. It also made my relaxed hair curl up for some reason.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have another one! :grin:

While I was transitioning, LeKair Cholesterol Plus left a coated feeling on my hair. After I cut all my relaxed ends off and decided to give this another try, my natural hair LOVED IT!!!

kristina

vo5 moisturizing hot oil treatment- my relaxed hair felt delicious after but my natural hair's like 'whatever'