Naturals: how'd u cut your relaxed ends?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Naturals: how\'d u cut your relaxed ends?

Hello! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Just wondering...how'd did yall go about cutting off your relaxed ends? I mean, did you just do little even chops around the whole head? My hair is very uneven and I am not sure how I am going to do my little chops.

Re: Naturals: how\'d u cut your relaxed ends?

came home from work...took my twists out...washed my hair and cut everything that was still straight.

I went to the barbershop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had trims throughout my transitiong. Then one day, I went to a salon and had my relaxed ends cut off by a stylist while my hair was unstraightened.

I gradually cut during my transition like Hairlove. I actualy still have a very little bit of relaxer at the top, but my hair is cut in a very nice bob all the way around. I didn't want to cut off the ends even b/c I didn't want layers all over.

I snipped every time I did my twist. Which was about once every week 1/2

[ QUOTE ]
good2uuuu said:
I just whaked 'em off in a moment of impatience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing. I couldn't take it anymore. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif The two textures kept fighting each other. My hair was so tangled because when the natural hair got wet it would shrink and pull the relaxed hair into it. So I would cut it off everytime I washed my hair or when I was about to do my hair.

I transistioned and never did the big chop. My hair was never straight when relaxed. I used protective styles-weave-and I never had alot of breakage. I don't know what happened to my relaxed ends. I swear I still have some of the after three years and can't tell the difference. Some say I had breakage but I never saw it. I was transtioning back then and didn't know there was a term for it. I just wanted to give my hair a break due to breakage.

zanzibardotcom, is that your hair in your siggy? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif It's bee-you-tiful!!

I had my friend come over and cut my hair in a moment of frustration. I'd just washed it and it was pretty straight.

after a wash i grabbed shears and started wacking....cut a lil too much in areas but only i could tell /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used those big red handled scissors that most people keep around the house /images/graemlins/look.gif/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I grabbed my hair one small section at a time cutting into the newgrowth -- to make sure i got all the relaxed ends. Then i shampooed so that all the relaxed ends i missed would stand out and i snipped the few that i missed. The water will really make the ends stand out. Good luck with your chop /images/graemlins/smile.gif -- jainygirl

I did the BC on a whim! I just decided one day that I would cut it all off!!

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
zanzibardotcom, is that your hair in your siggy? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif It's bee-you-tiful!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

My big chop was kind of difficult because I was texturized at the time and my texturized hair was just a little looser than my natural hair. Also my new growth was frizzier so this helped differentiate the two textures. I transitioned for about 6 months and just assumed I had 3" of new growth - so I basically cut my hair down to about 2.5" in short layers all around. But be aware that you may be doing mini chops several months after your big chop, as you may come across some processed ends you missed during the initial chop.

I waited until I had a good 2 inches, and then cut all it off.

My first mini chop I had my cousin part and trim about 2 inches off. My second mini chop I sectioned my hair into ponytails (7 or so) and chopped off a few inches(2-3 inches).I still have some relaxed ends to go.

I have been wearing mainly the braid out style. So I will snip a little every other month while in braids. Working so far.

I did 1 large chop & several mini chops during my 18mth transition.

My hair was also texturised, so when I wanted to go natural, I waited for three months until I had my hair trimmed, then after another three months, I went to the barber for him to cut off my relaxed ends.

[ QUOTE ]
gabrielle2 said:
came home from work...took my twists out...washed my hair and cut everything that was still straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Back