NATURALS - How Do Thin/Fine Hair Members Rock the BAA?

Hi Ladies,

I did the big chop April of last year. I am a 4a/b natural texture with not alota hair. My hair length stretched is shoulder length. I have not pressed or straightened my hair since this second big chop.

My hair grows fine except for my edges. I want to wear my hair out on the weekeds and rock an AFRO. My husband likes it fine however he feels in comparison to the photos he has seen on this site that my thinly dense FRO should not be publicly displayed until it's MEGA Huge!!!!

My family genetics is soft thin fine hair. Are their naturals on this site who are fine haired that rock a Huge Fro and if so can you please post pics for inspiration....Thanks

Nonie

I have fine hair and I am nowhere near having a BAA but I can get a bigger afro puff if I braid my hair to stretch it and use a water-free moisturizer instead of S Curl. If I used S Curl, even after braiding my hair, I get major shrinkage and fullness. Without S Curl, I get less shrinkage and maybe not as compact a puff.

S Curl puff:

Coconut oil puff:

Eluv

Sorry, I can't rock a fro.

Normally I wear my hair is some kind of updo, because the texture and length of my hair in the crown area does not look uniformed with the rest of my hair.

The crown area of my hair is about 3-4” shorter than the rest and to top it off it shrinks to about an 1”.

On the weekends I continue to try different styles, but they primarily look good in the front and a hot mess in the back. That’s why I love updos.

This is the closest I could come to a wearing a fro, but never in public.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=2939&pictureid=21768

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
with a brushed out rollerset or a a blowout-it looks pretty dense...i'll see if i can dig up pics...

prettybyrd

HTH. This is my BAA.

I like to plait at night, pick it out in the morning (pre shower), allow the steam to "shape" the hair, and go!

In this pic, (from '07) I didn't use the steam effect, but when I do, I have a pretty round, dense fro. I love it. Good luck!:yep: I was thinking of doing a fro tonight, if I do, I will post a new shot....round!

You will be able to feel the steam actually shrinking the hair, but it doesn't look smaller when you're done, just round.

Last edited:

darlingdiva

I have fine hair and I am nowhere near having a BAA but I can get a bigger afro puff if I braid my hair to stretch it and use a water-free moisturizer instead of S Curl. If I used S Curl, even after braiding my hair, I get major shrinkage and fullness. Without S Curl, I get less shrinkage and maybe not as compact a puff.

S Curl puff:

Coconut oil puff:

Great puff, Nonie!!!!