Naturals, do you dye?

luxe.li.

I love change. I get bored when things stay the same and that's the same with my hair. I am natural now and I dyed my hair black, maybe 6 weeks ago. My hair is now dark brownish and black, and I was considering dyeing my hair black again but now that I'm natural I have to ask.

Naturals do you dye? Bleach? Rinse? Or none at all.

And also I was thinking of giving my dark dark brown black hair a blonde streak just for excitement.

msa

I don't dye or anything. I think there is a thread somewhere around here about naturals who dye...try searching it on google if the search function isn't working.

lilsparkle825

i want to, but i cringe when i think about the damage from my last attempt at permanent color. i can only go lighter, since black looks stupid on me, and i really want some blond highlights, but at the moment no. if i do, i will go to aveda or something...somewhere where they won't wreck all my hard work.

luxe.li.

Thanks Ill def search the forum for the dye thread. I don't know if I'll be able to dye now that I joined the bootcamp, I don't know if that's allowed, but I do want a blonde streak but since I won't be wearing my hair straight but once a month I don't even know if its worth it.

pinkchocolatedaisy

There is a thread somewhere in here, I guess it hasn't been bumped lately. It was called color treated and growing or something like that. Both natural and relaxed ladies made posts on it. I'm natural too and I've been thinking about coloring. Like another poster said, I too am thinking of going to Aveda when I finally decide to color.

Cichelle

I use henna regularly. Not Lush, though. I've tried that and for various reasons, haven't used it again. I won't dye my hair with anything else except maybe indigo or katam one day. I'm not sure how my hair would react to chemical dye and I don't want to take a chance.

glamazon386

I had light brown highlights around this time last year but I got them cut out. No matter what I did the colored parts always felt dry. And my ends stayed raggedy so I kept clipping them. Once the color was gone I didn't have that problem anymore. I haven't had a trim since April.

LadyPaniolo

I use henna to color my greys, and if I go grey true to the pattern of all the women on my mom's side (which it looks like I am since I started getting them at age 19) I'll have a whole head full of henna'd auburn hair by 35.

Prettypsych

Yes, I have dyed (whole head) in the past. Whole foods has some great Henna dyes that are semi-perm, but are not damaging. Over the summer, I got highlights for the first time (at Aveda). They look great and haven't damaged by hair... I have a thoughtful stylist, though.

rsmith

I am natural now. I dyed my hair when I had a relaxer. It was a light brownish color. There was no damage with the dye itself. However, the stylist wanted to put in some blonde highlights. Thats when I notice the damage. I am thinking about going light brown again but nothing lighter than that.