NATURALS, CAN YOU WRAP YOUR HAIR?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I hope this isn't a dumb question. I am asking because I can't maintain my strait styles without using heat daily.:blush: Can someone please help me? I am learning how to roller set to get my hair strait, but it is so much effort for the style to last a day.:nono::rolleyes:

me 3!! but i opt for 3 bantu knots instead and help the front lie down with a scarf. my edges are thin and i dont like combing or brushing them too much.

Do you wrap it like you were relaxed? I need some help and advice as to what's the best products to use to do this. I am going on 6 months post relaxer. My transition is going well and I am trying to learn how to tweak my regimen.

I suppose I could, after a good press and flat iron, but I've always seen it as too much manipulation, even pre-LHCF I just thought it was way too much combing and brushing just to have one side have body and the other laying flat lmao:giggle:

I much prefer pin curling after straightening:yep: I always like soft waves and curls:infatuated:

I've recently begun doing bantu knot outs regularly on pressed and flat ironed hair and its been the best! Soft beautiful curls that fall into waves by the end of the day heat free....its lovely:love2:

Do you wrap it like you were relaxed? I need some help and advice as to what's the best products to use to do this. I am going on 6 months post relaxer. My transition is going well and I am trying to learn how to tweak my regimen.

Yup I do it the same way as when I was relaxed. The only thing I changed was to moisturize my ends and my edges right before I put my scarf on. I do this to help those areas to lay flat and not revert as fast. I also put my scarf on as soon as I get home, in my mind it helps the press last longer.

ETA: Don't uses a moisturizer that is water based because it may cause your hair to revert.

Yup I do it the same way as when I was relaxed. The only thing I changed was to moisturize my ends and my edges right before I put my scarf on. I do this to help those areas to lay flat and not revert as fast. I also put my scarf on as soon as I get home, in my mind it helps the press last longer.

ETA: Don't uses a moisturizer that is water based because it may cause your hair to revert.

what are u using to moisturize? I need a good one thats not water based.. the coconut oil seems to be enough though

yup the same as if i were relaxed. and i finally learned how to do them correctly so that BOTH sides moved well. and i moisturized the ends...like one drop of oil

yea when it's str8, it can be wraped like it was relaxed..I used a little oil to smooth my over however for me..they just dont turn out right.. hell, even when I was relaxed my wraps would always be a bust..i'm with blackmasterpiece ... I usually opt for the pin curl...haven't did the bantu yet tho... that's nexxtt :yep:

You ladies rock! I am getting more confident the longer I transition. Tomorrow will be 6 months since my last relaxer. I have never transitioned this long before.:yay:

when ever i flat iron i wrap my hair. i just started doing cross wraps instead... its faster for me since i'm lazy lol. but i dont wear my hair straight very often any more

I wrap my hair when it's straight, I'm thinking of trying cross wrapping though. I usually add some oil to it before using a wide tooth comb to wrap my hair around. Sometimes I add a few pins to help it stay in place, because I don't brush my wrap. I don't like them to be overly tight. I find that I get more movement and body with just the wide tooth comb and satin scarf.

I can when I straighten but even when I was relaxed, I didn't bother. I just roll it up and pin. As a natural I do bantu knots or twists.

No, I can not wrap my hair, it is too thick and too long. That is the main reason why I don't wear my hair straight. I would lose my mind if I felt the need to do that.

I would wrap my locs when they were shorter- around SL. Usually after a rollerset with small rollers. I'd pin them up in a loose wrap to keep the curl. After that they got too long and no hair clip can hold them up. I wish I could wrap it now.

yep...with a paddle brush or my denman either straight, or curly but only curly when it is wet ^_^

Only with some serious heat, including a blow dryer, lots of brushing and a medium size comb.

All of these are on my no no list for now.

I'm telaxed but ever since I started texlaxing I cannot wrap my hair. Even when I flatiron it, I cant get it to stay wrapped. I'm not sure if its too thick or I'm not doing something right. So just like some of the other ladies I just do pincurls.

Back