Natural and relaxed twisters!!!

TCatt86

Hey ladies!!! I'm trying to figure out how to make my twist neat in the front. I was talking to a friend and he told me he thinks I look better with straight hair because I take better care of it, he says I don't care of my natural hair, which is a lie. I was about to get mad but then he told when I wear twist I don't even twist all the way up, I thought about it and it's true,:lachen: my twist don't stay twisted in the front, so my hair looks unkept and it looks like I don't take care of my hair, even though I spent two hours doing it. I've done twist one time that looked nice but I haven't been able to duplicate it.

My question is how do you ladies get your twists to stay nice and neat in the front? What tips do you have that will keep my twist from unraveling immediately after I do them? And for whatever reason this doesn't happen in the back only towards the front and sides of my head.

Help a frustrated sister out!!!:wallbash:

Nonie

I'm not sure I follow what it is that makes yours untidy but you could try braiding the base (I think LadyKaypnyc does mini-cornrows at the start of the ones near her hairline), but even just a square plait for about a centimeter of the base may make them stay neat longer.

These are 4 weeks/8 washes old and the base is braided first then the rest of the hair's twisted to the end.

Last edited:

justsimply

Nice twists, Nonie...how do you keep the ends from unraveling after that long? Do you have to retwist them?

TCatt86

I'm not sure I follow what it is that makes yours untidy but you could try braiding the base (I think LadyKaypnyc does mini-cornrows at the start of the ones near her hairline), but even just a square plait for about a centimeter of the base may make them stay neat longer.

These are 4 weeks/8 washes old and the base is braided first then the rest of the hair's twisted to the end.

I'm not sure what makes them unravel either, but I will try plaiting them at the base next time.

MCMLXXII

Hey ladies!!! I'm trying to figure out how to make my twist neat in the front. I was talking to a friend and he told me he thinks I look better with straight hair because I take better care of it, he says I don't care of my natural hair, which is a lie. I was about to get mad but then he told when I wear twist I don't even twist all the way up, I thought about it and it's true,:lachen: my twist don't stay twisted in the front, so my hair looks unkept and it looks like I don't take care of my hair, even though I spent two hours doing it. I've done twist one time that looked nice but I haven't been able to duplicate it.

My question is how do you ladies get your twists to stay nice and neat in the front? What tips do you have that will keep my twist from unraveling immediately after I do them? And for whatever reason this doesn't happen in the back only towards the front and sides of my head.

Help a frustrated sister out!!!:wallbash:

Hi! I got the BEST two-strand twists advice from "Rustic Beauty" on YouTube. First, her hair is beautiful. Secondly, she does her twists with shea butter and she encourages you to get as many twists on a section of hair as possible. She has very detailed instructions on YouTube. Check it out when you have time.

www.youtube.com/user/RusticBeauty

HTH.

Nonie

Nice twists, Nonie...how do you keep the ends from unraveling after that long? Do you have to retwist them?

After I finish twisting my hair, I usually dunk them in water so they can drip dry and thus hung down straight. The shrinkage from this also gives my fine hair some weight so they actually fall into place. The bonus of this is that the ends also shrink and the coils kinder intertwine. I encourage this by pressing the two strands' ends into each other while rolling them in my fingers. Imagine pressing two springs into each other. The end results looks like this:

They dangle more when wet and then curl back like a compressed spring as they dry. It's the shrinkage that makes them not unravel. Every once in a while I will find one or two that have unraveled especially after a wash. But otherwise they seem to stay twisted.

ETA an old picture showing the ends after the twists dry:

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I think my twists were pitiful until I got more NG. Now I feel like I can long transition with this style. It will do until I reach my goal date!:yep: