Natural 4B's...hairstyle

Peachi

Natural 4B\'s...hairstyle

I have about 7 inches of natural 4B hair and I was thinking of trying this style tonight.

I will wash and condition my hair. Then I will section (as when cornrowing), apply gel and flattwist all the way down.

Sit under the dryer for 20mins. Tie headwrap to work tomorrow (dress down friday) and take out flattwists for a saturday night party.

Do you think this will come out nice? What tips do u suggest?

I will make sure to flattwist one half of my head in one direction and the other half in the opposing direction. Otherwise I will end up with curls flowing in one direction.

I tried this with my cousin's hair (3C) a while back and it come out lovely. But I am scared it might not come out right with my texture.
blush.gif
hwell:

Re: Natural 4B\'s...hairstyle

It is going to look great (although it will probably be a little tighter than your cousin's hair). I have 4a hair, and I frequently style my hair like this. My advice to you is:
- Be sure to condition very well so that your hair is shiny, soft, and manageable.
- After washing out your conditioner, apply a little more moisturizing conditioner as a leave in. Follow that up with some sort of oil to lock in the moisture. I also use curl wax as a type of holding agent (I try to stay away from the alcohol based stuff like gel.)
- As you section, make sure that you have completely detangled the section (with a wide tooth comb of course). Twist your hair as tightly as you can to your scalp.
- Move quickly, because as you hair dries it will probably start to shrink up. If it does begin to dry, spritz with warm water mixed with conditioner.
* Make sure you let this dry completely. Taking flattwists out of 4a hair too early creates an entire different style (more afro-ey than twisty).

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Re: Natural 4B\'s...hairstyle

Okay I did this style thursday night. Sat under the dryer for about 15mins (couldn't stand the heat) and today is saturday, I just took it out because I am about to go to an house party.

Gurls, my hair is looking NICE.

I use ORS twist/lock gel that a friend gave me.
I also used carol's daughter healthy hair butter to oil the hair (I didn't like it as it gave my hair no moisture, unless my hair is just plain dry...which I think it is). I am still search of a good hair moisturizer.
I oiled my scalp a little with Hollywood Olive oil grease.

I used tiny curlers to hold the ends after i finished flattwisting so that the ends can also be curly. It came out really nice. I will wash it out and redo it tomorrow night to get more practice with it. I will now twist each half of the head towards my ears so that when I take it out it has a nicer part.

Aslo this time, I will try to add more moisturizing agent to my ends because a few of them came out looking dry.

Back