My Whipped Shea Butter

araceli2418

Last time I whipped my shea butter I used a little olive oil. This time I whipped it with coconut oil and castor oil and used way more oil than in the past. All I can say is.....YUM!!!! :lick:

My hair is so soft from this mixture and the shea is even lighter. I'm loving it.

Anybody else whip their shea butter?

SimplyBlessed

I whip mine with vatika coconut oil...its soooo nice!!

got lazy but i'm gonna start back using my shea butter and evoo mix for my body...it was great and helps stretch marks...but not on my face lol that was a nightmare!!

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I'm going to start. I've ordered all my ingredients and packaging supplies.

16 oz. Jars for my body and 8 oz. for my hair.

Here the mixture I've settled with:

100% Unrefined Shea Butter (My mum is buying this for me straight from the markets of WA :grin:)

Coconut Oil

Vitamin E Oil, 50 something...lol (Preservative)

Coconut Cream Fragrance Oil

Its going to be yuuummmmy! My hair and skin LOVE SB.

Afrobuttafly

I did last night. I mixed it with EVOO, Jojoba oil and conditioner. =]

Help!!!!! Do you leave it out or store it in the fridge???????

tbaby_8

I did mine the last time and it was a little loose. I am going to try again this weekend. I am going to mix a few more oils with it, like jojoba oil grapeseed oil. I hope it isn't to liquidy. I prefer mine to be creamy. So you can use vitamin E oil as a perseravative? What about lanolem? What else can I add to it to make it more moisturizing?

chrstndiva

I just ordered some 100% unrefined shea butter and organic avocado butter. I am going to experiment and mix them together with some jojoba oil and rosemary extract.

I have never done this before, but I can't wait until it arrives!

araceli2418

I did mine the last time and it was a little loose. I am going to try again this weekend. I am going to mix a few more oils with it, like jojoba oil grapeseed oil. I hope it isn't to liquidy. I prefer mine to be creamy. So you can use vitamin E oil as a perseravative? What about lanolem? What else can I add to it to make it more moisturizing?

Mine is liquidy at first but then it firms up and then it's just creamy. Not sure if it has to do with the oils I'm using or what. But shea butter is so heavy anyway I guess I just figured it would firm up and it does.

mj11051

I mix mine with cupaucu butter and JBCO add a little aloe vera gel and some rice powder to make it less greasy and have a nice glide. Makes a very moisturizing butter and I can use it year round.:drunk:

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
How do you whip the shea butter? Do you put it in a blender?

Here is the method I'm going to use:

Melt Shea butter (NOT on high heat).
Pour melted butter into bowl, add oils.
Blend for 5 minutes.
Put in freezer for 5 minutes.
Repeat blending and freezing until SB is nice and fluffy.
Package.

tbaby_8

Here is the method I'm going to use:

Melt Shea butter (NOT on high heat).
Pour melted butter into bowl, add oils.
Blend for 5 minutes.
Put in freezer for 5 minutes.
Repeat blending and freezing until SB is nice and fluffy.
Package.

I like your method. I think I messed up because I used high heat and it made the shea butter greasy. I know better this time. You all reminded me, I have to get me some coconut oil tomorrow. Thanks

araceli2418

How do you whip the shea butter? Do you put it in a blender?

I just take a block of shea butter. Put it in one of those little blenders or chopper things (can't remember what they're called exactly right now. sorry). Then I pour in the oils and mix. I end up with a nice creamy blend.

Yum Yum!!

I make a D-I-V-I-N-E whipped shea butter! I use unrefined shea butter, wheat germ oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, aloe vera gel, Silk Amino Acids, Vitamin E, few drops peppermint oil, wee bit of glycerin, microkill COS for bacteria and WHIP WHIP WHIP for about 10-15 mins.

I'm going to add BTMS to my next batch to emulsify it! Can't wait!