MY Mom's LONG & THICK Natural 4A/B Hair (PICS)

softblackcotton

She has no real set regimen. She wears wigs 97% of the time. The only times she doesn't have a wig on is when she goes to sleep, showers, and washes and conditions her hair. She and I are the same hair texture. She transitioned from perm without BC at the end of '06. She has been all natural since the end of '07 when all the permed hair finally broke off by itself. She never deep conditions, hardly moisturizes, she still uses grease with mineral oil/petrolatum :nono:, is really rough with combing/detangling and doesn't ever trim. She used to wash her hair loose by rubbing it all over her head! Matte City :wallbash: Every month or so she presses her hair with a tiny toothed hot comb :wallbash:, gets it cornrowed, and slaps a wig cap on it. Her current hair length is almost Full APL (doesn't look in pics due to shrinkage). She's never even heard of LHCF and proper hair care until I really started participating in the forum in Dec. I still really admire her hair progress...I think now that I'm discovering Proper hair care on LHCF my mom's hair and my hair will be even more beautiful. I'm helping her add healthy practices such as daily moisturizing, sulfate-free shampoos, natural oils, washing in sections etc. Like me, she suffers from major breakage and loses ALOT Of hair every time we have to wash/comb. However, she still has enough hair for TWO HEADS and it's growing like crazy although I think it would have been MBL by now if she knew of LHCF. Well now WE know! :yep: I'll keep everyone updated on both of our progresses this year employing new healthy hair care techniques. How the heck do you put big pictures?

Attachments

• Mom's Hair.JPG
    Mom's Hair.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Mom's Hair4.JPG
    Mom's Hair4.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Mom's Hair 2 - Copy.JPG
    Mom's Hair 2 - Copy.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 219

BlackMasterPiece

Looks *exactly* like me and my moms hair:yep: thickness, texture even color!

I feel you 100% on moms having beautiful hair but not taking care of it....when I joined LHCF I nipped that in the bud and so far I've tripled her hair length with natural protective styles:grin:

Just hook her up sometimes and educate her while you're doing it and before you know it she'll be walking around bragging about all the things you taught her about how to grow long hair:love2:

softblackcotton

Looks *exactly* like me and my moms hair:yep: thickness, texture even color!

I feel you 100% on moms having beautiful hair but not taking care of it....when I joined LHCF I nipped that in the bud and so far I've tripled her hair length with natural protective styles:grin:

Just hook her up sometimes and educate her while you're doing it and before you know it she'll be walking around bragging about all the things you taught her about how to grow long hair:love2:

Exactly! She has been so thrilled the last month or so when I taught here how to wash and comb her hair in sections. She was having EXTREMELY major problems detangling before. We are both still trying to work on detangling.

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
I love the thickness! It's great that you're sharing your hair care knowledge with her.

BlackMasterPiece

Exactly! She has been so thrilled the last month or so when I taught here how to wash and comb her hair in sections. She was having EXTREMELY major problems detangling before. We are both still trying to work on detangling.
Oh yes when I began keeping my hair in 8 braided sections from wash to rinsing the DC out, thats when retention really took off for me....gotta keep the tangles and ssk's away to retain length:yep: