my latest Ayurvedic find

PassionFruit

Navratna Oil

I was in an Indian store last weekend looking for Amla powder..... he had none ( though I found some in another store elsewhere) the store owner suggested this Navratna Oil to me... the PJ in me couldnt resist the $2.99 price.. so I grabbed two bottles and came home to research it

http://mall.coimbatore.com/bnh/emami/navratnaoil.htm

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Ingredients present in the product are all extracts from natural herbs. It does not have any chemical or biochemical substance that is harmful to human body.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Keeps the head cool[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Relieves headache[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Helpful in sound sleep[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]An effective memory aid[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Tones up body muscles[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Removes tiredness[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Useful in minor burns and cuts[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]A cool invigorating body massage oil[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Prevents premature hair fall.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Navratna gives relief from - Sleeplessness, Headache, Body ache, Tension, Hair related problems.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]It also has medicinal benefits.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Each 100ml contains extracts of:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Lata Kasturi, Kakoli, Brahmi 0.1g each, Sailaja, Kapoor Kachari, Gandhamatra, Gatella 0.2g each, Kunch, Muramansi 0.25g each, Gulab Phool, Benamul, Mustha, Kesut 0.05g each, Amla 1.0g, Karpur 0.5g, Pudina Ka Phool 1.84g, Pudina Ka Tel 0.46g, Surasar 0.5ml.[/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.indiareviewchannel.com/products/63-Himani-Navratna-oil.aspx

Himani Navratna oil is one of the flagship brands of Emami Ltd. Navratna Oil is among the top selling Brands in India. Its traditional Ayurvedic formulation along with the cooling sensation has multiple benefits of providing relief from headache, tension, sleeplessness, Body ache and other hair related problems. The name Navratna comes from unique blend of 9 Ayurvedic herbs.
Product Benefits:
The medicinal and aroma therapeutic benefits make the product nothing less than a marvel. Navratna gives relief from - Sleeplessness , Headache, Body ache, Tension, Hair related problems.

Fine 4s

Navratna Oil

I was in an Indian store last weekend looking for Amla powder..... he had none ( though I found some in another store elsewhere) the store owner suggested this Navratna Oil to me... the PJ in me couldnt resist the $2.99 price.. so I grabbed two bottles and came home to research it

http://mall.coimbatore.com/bnh/emami/navratnaoil.htm

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Ingredients present in the product are all extracts from natural herbs. It does not have any chemical or biochemical substance that is harmful to human body.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Keeps the head cool[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Relieves headache[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Helpful in sound sleep[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]An effective memory aid[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Tones up body muscles[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Removes tiredness[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Useful in minor burns and cuts[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]A cool invigorating body massage oil[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Prevents premature hair fall.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Navratna gives relief from - Sleeplessness, Headache, Body ache, Tension, Hair related problems.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]It also has medicinal benefits.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Lata Kasturi, Kakoli, Brahmi 0.1g each, Sailaja, Kapoor Kachari, Gandhamatra, Gatella 0.2g each, Kunch, Muramansi 0.25g each, Gulab Phool, Benamul, Mustha, Kesut 0.05g each, Amla 1.0g, Karpur 0.5g, Pudina Ka Phool 1.84g, Pudina Ka Tel 0.46g, Surasar 0.5ml.[/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.indiareviewchannel.com/products/63-Himani-Navratna-oil.aspx

Himani Navratna oil is one of the flagship brands of Emami Ltd. Navratna Oil is among the top selling Brands in India. Its traditional Ayurvedic formulation along with the cooling sensation has multiple benefits of providing relief from headache, tension, sleeplessness, Body ache and other hair related problems. The name Navratna comes from unique blend of 9 Ayurvedic herbs.
Product Benefits:
The medicinal and aroma therapeutic benefits make the product nothing less than a marvel. Navratna gives relief from - Sleeplessness , Headache, Body ache, Tension, Hair related problems.

So for shedding and other hair related problems.
I wish it had more information about the hair benefits...

PassionFruit

So for shedding and other hair related problems.
I wish it had more information about the hair benefits...

well ya could do it the logn way & search for the benefits of each ingredient

br0wney3z

OMG....i bought this 2 weeks ago and I love it, especially the tingly feeling that it gives my scalp. I use it as night as a scalp massage. I am surprised b/c I haven't heard too many other ayurvedic heads talk about it.

PassionFruit

OMG....i bought this 2 weeks ago and I love it, especially the tingly feeling that it gives my scalp. I use it as night as a scalp massage. I am surprised b/c I haven't heard too many other ayurvedic heads talk about it.

I have a thing for the tinglies.... Im gonna start using it tonight... I have 2 very small bottles and they were the last in that particular store... I hope I dont have to hunt this stuff down like Im after a thief

br0wney3z

I have a thing for the tinglies.... Im gonna start using it tonight... I have 2 very small bottles and they were the last in that particular store... I hope I dont have to hunt this stuff down like Im after a thief

yeah I just stumbled upon it, and got one bottle for $2.99 b/c I wasn't sure if I would like it. I know I'll have to hunt for mine b/c they didn't have that large a selection, half were expired/close to expiring, and its really the only indian store i know of in my area:perplexed

WomanlyCharm

I bought this stuff a while ago...I haven't used it in a while, since I'm doing mostly Ovation now, but I really did like it.

It smells sort of minty/medicinal, to me anyway...and the tingles are out of this world! :spinning:

But for gosh sakes, don't put it on your scalp before bed...you WILL NOT get a sound sleep. Trust me, I know...my scalp felt like it was cold tingling and pulsating all night until I got up the next morning (two hours early, I couldn't take it any more! ). :lachen:

ilong

God's Own
^^^ I just applied the Navratna oil to my hair as part of my pre-poo oil treatment. I like the light musk smell (it isn't overwhelming). The tingling sensation is great - (has menthol in it) and my head feels good. The box says "World's #1 COOL Oil" and the tingling does make your head feel cool.

I plan to keep the oils in until tomorrow - so I will see if I can get a sound sleep.

P.S. I know this is an old thread - but the OP did a good job with pics, description, ingredients. No need to re-invent the wheel.

Last edited: