My home made braid spray STANKS!!!

beans4reezy

I wanted to create my own braids spray mix, because I wanted to avoid the build up commerical products typically cause. So here I go a mixin': Rose Water, Water, WEN CC, and Carrot Oil.

Well, ladies, I exaggerate to you all not when I say it smells like a skunk has died in my hair.
I'm telling you, my hair smells like straight booty!!! :moon:My son runs away from me. My boyfriends nostrils flare when I approach.

Any one have any idea on how to freshen up my mix? Its either that or, I can add African Royale Braid Spray to the "What did you buy in Feb. thread!"

msa

Well I hated the way Wen CC smelled (they all smelled like cough syrup to me). I like rose water by itself. And I don't know about carrot oil.

Why don't you try something simpler, like rose water and aloe vera juice? Mixing all that stuff together is a recipe for disaster.

GabbanaGirl

LOL! I am sorry to hear that! Do you have any essential oils on hand? Maybe you can freshen it up with a few drops of Lemongrass (which happens to be good for hair) - Or Rose Geranium (which is also good for hair) They are strong so only a few drops will do, shake it real good...and it should hopefully cut the odor. I do this when I make my mineral tea (bladderwrack, irish moss, seaweed..etc) so you know it STANKS....lol But I add a few drops of EO and it has a floral smell afterwards. HTH

beans4reezy

LOL! I am sorry to hear that! Do you have any essential oils on hand? Maybe you can freshen it up with a few drops of Lemongrass (which happens to be good for hair) - Or Rose Geranium (which is also good for hair) They are strong so only a few drops will do, shake it real good...and it should hopefully cut the odor. I do this when I make my mineral tea (bladderwrack, irish moss, seaweed..etc) so you know it STANKS....lol But I add a few drops of EO and it has a floral smell afterwards. HTH

Actually, I forgot to add that I have peppermint EO in my mix as well.

tada1

I wanted to create my own braids spray mix, because I wanted to avoid the build up commerical products typically cause. So here I go a mixin': Rose Water, Water, WEN CC, and Carrot Oil.

Well, ladies, I exaggerate to you all not when I say it smells like a skunk has died in my hair.
I'm telling you, my hair smells like straight booty!!! :moon:My son runs away from me. My boyfriends nostrils flare when I approach.

Any one have any idea on how to freshen up my mix? Its either that or, I can add African Royale Braid Spray to the "What did you buy in Feb. thread!"

I cant believe you said that, AND whipped out that smiley :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

sydwrites

I agree try some essential oils that smell good. I went through this will my herbal oil infusion and if peppermint didnt work try ylang ylang,sweet orange oil, or rose hips.

imsovain

Try diluting it.
Put 1/2 water + 1/2 spray mix or 1/3 spray mix + 2/3 water.
Use the best water you can and save the rest of your spray mix in the fridge to use later.
That's what I do!

1babydimple

I'm telling you, my hair smells like straight booty!!! LOLOL Yes we need to help a sister. :O

I agree with diluting it with water or even a light oil like jojoba. Guuurrrlll like booty LOLOL

Don't know about WEN but some brands of carrot can be quite skunky funky.