My headscarf- hurting my hair?

sharifeh

Hey all,
I'm a Muslim that wears a headscarf. My scarves range from cotton to crepe georgette but mostly cotton. My everyday scarves are cotton. Since I've started wearing a scarf I definitely see the benefit of less sun on my hair but the scarf also might be drying my hair out at the same time. should i wear a satin scarf under my scarf?
any tips?

LivingDol1

i agree with the previous poster. cotton absorbs the moisture in your hair and is rougher than silk so it probably wears at your edges. i'd def wear a silk scarf underneath.

Auburn

I used to wear scarves but now I'm wearing my hair out more often. I prefer silk. It has helped me retain length. I put on the silk scarf first for protection and my other scarf for fashion. You can still have the best of both worlds this way. HTH

darlingdiva

I wear a bonnet (when my hair is braided), and a bonnet and a scarf (when I have rollers in my hair).

I have a satin bonnet & a satin scarf. I'm going to go to the fabric store & get some silk b/c I'm curious to see what that's like.

I stopped using a scarf by itself b/c it was doing too much damage to my hairline.

Nonie

I wear scarves and hats of different textures all the time. I wear a plastic cap or Saran wrap underneath and my hair doing fine.