My hair is DIRTY..and I don't feel like washing

Cleve_gryl

The weather sucks right now...wind, snow, yuck. I generously 'greased' up my hair last night and wore it in a bun all day today. Well, its a dirty greasy mess right now and I'm just too dang on tired to wash it :nono:.

What's a sista to do?! I don't feel like getting my head wet, nor do I feel like rollersetting or any of that stuff either. How do yall preserve your sexy when your head is a greasy mess??

I don't know how much sexy I preserve when my hair is a greasy mess but I would just wear it up again and wash it tomorrow. At least it looks shiny under the light. LOL. :grin:

Girl, that makes you and me both. :lol:

I was going to wash my hair today when I got home, but I said to heck with that. Hmph.

I'm going to slick it back in a nice bun tomorrow (just as I did today). At least it still looks good, and the dirt can't be seen. :look: Maybe you can do the same. Besides, it's just too cold for me to wash my hair right now.

I feel you, girl. :nono: I would probably just keep rocking that bun, add a few clips to the sides/back, and try to make it look as cute as you possibly can until the mood to wash it hits you. :yep:

That must happen after you've been "in the family" for YEARS. I still cannot wait to wash my hair. :lachen:

Especially, when I buy a new shampoo or product...I'm trippin all over myself...rushing through dinner...hurrying my kid out of the tub...so I can wash my hurrrrrrr. :grin:

That must happen after you've been "in the family" for YEARS. I still cannot wait to wash my hair. :lachen:

Especially, when I buy a new shampoo or product...I'm trippin all over myself...rushing through dinner...hurrying my kid out of the tub...so I can wash my hurrrrrrr. :grin:

I used to be this way...Couldn't wait to wash my hair, deep condition it :dork:. I'm honestly thinking of how I can pull this off until Friday night!!

This thread is right on time. I just co-washed and rollerset and by the end of setting my hair I was ready to call my stylist and make an appointment for a CUT. This hair is getting to be overwhelming. I'd rather have a cute SL cut than filthy MBL hair in a tired bun. :ohwell: I'm super unmotivated tonight :wallbash:

This thread is right on time. I just co-washed and rollerset and by the end of setting my hair I was ready to call my stylist and make an appointment for a CUT. This hair is getting to be overwhelming. I'd rather have a cute SL cut than filthy MBL hair in a tired bun. :ohwell: I'm super unmotivated tonight :wallbash:

Don't you dare cut them silky locks.....:nono::nono:

Don't be lazy! Get up and go wash it!....I have to wash my hair as soon as i get the feeling or if i scratch my head and do the fingernail test and see how much dirt & build-up is there...Yuck :nono:

If my scalp & hair aint clean, then i dont feel clean.

And i've been known to postpone a date, an appointment, anything just to have sufficient time to wash my hair.

Okay remember this song.....

Ya'll gon make me loose my mind up in here, up in here.

LADIES!!!!!! Tired of it, don't feel like washing it. Someone use the dirty words CUT IT!!!

Shocked and scandalized!!!! Faints and fall down.

Oooooohhhhh one day to have these problems. Not the winter issue, born and raised in Cleveland, don't want to go back. But the issue of having hair soooooo long that I just don't want to be dealing with it? PRICELESS!

Ahhhhhh one day, one day.:yep:

But on the other side, I understand you guys have been there done that with the hair and now it is just maintenance mode for you.

I say work together and keep each other lifted up and start a no wash until the weekend challenge. Just to keep each other motivated and not do anything drastic.

^^Girl...you KNOW being in Cleveland in the winter is NO JOKE :nono:. I'm miserable. And, I think I'm already on that No Wash til Weekend Challenge!! I usually wash every 4 days...its been 5 and I'm straight chillin. I'm in a bun today, and the way it looks I'll be bunning tomorrow and Friday too :ohwell:

She aint cuttin nothing!! :stop: Together, we're going to rock our dirty buns...until we feel like washing with motivation :grin:

You're right :look:

I was just frustrated. I was prepared to rock my bun all waeek and then a mid-week birthday celebration came up and I had to rollerset :wallbash:

*damn, i just wanted to experiment with shikakai and amla and not have to worry about looking cute*

I wouldn't mind a good set of cornrows tho... I just have to keep thinking "only two weeks until a relaxer, just two weeks"

Hey you guys have gorgeous hair, I really can't imagine my hair at your length. I'm reaching APL soon, and I think that will be it for me. I just don't want to deal with texturized hair at any longer length than that.

I hope you get up the strength to wash if your scalp needs to be clean. My friend that is a stylist swears that black women need to wash their hair more in the winter than in the summer due to the dry air and cold temperature. She said our hair needs moisture and our scalp needs to be kept as clean as possible, for healthy hair and good length. I wash my hair more often in the winter than in the summer and I've only seen good results.

Whatever the case, she's single with no kids sooooo...it may be easier said than done.

Hey here's a question, when you scratch with your fingernail and get build up under there, after your wash are you saying there is absolutely NO build up or residue? I shampoo my scalp and sometimes I still have residue (from conditioner I think).

The weather sucks right now...wind, snow, yuck. I generously 'greased' up my hair last night and wore it in a bun all day today. Well, its a dirty greasy mess right now and I'm just too dang on tired to wash it :nono:.

What's a sista to do?! I don't feel like getting my head wet, nor do I feel like rollersetting or any of that stuff either. How do yall preserve your sexy when your head is a greasy mess??

Honestly I just put the greasy mess back into a slick back bun w/ hairsticks. I gel my edges down and make little designs with my baby hairs:lachen:. I really do and it's cute to me. See.....I gotta do things to sexy up my bun, lol.

Hey here's a question, when you scratch with your fingernail and get build up under there, after your wash are you saying there is absolutely NO build up or residue? I shampoo my scalp and sometimes I still have residue (from conditioner I think).

OH, there is residue...I use CON red poo so I usually have residue the next day...but it doesn't smell like it does now :look:

My hair is dirty as hell. I haven't washed in 1 1/2 weeks. I was supposed to wash it over the weekend, but I reakky didnt feel like it. I'm gonna throw a temper tantrum this weekend cuz I know I HAVE to wash it. *pouts*

I'm especially bad after I get my hair done. I usually get my hair done every 2 months(when I get a touch-up) & do twist/braid-outs the rest of the time, so I'm like, I don't wannnaaaaaaa wash it. I wanna keep my straight hair! :nono:

Dang, you sound like me! lol. i want to wash it, but i dont have the right curling appliances to make it as straight as my stylist does :ohwell: it will be a poofy mess if i do it myself , and i cant have that! its nice and shiny and straight now, but dirty lol :look: i guess its time to make an appointment *loud sigh*

Blasphemy!!!

^^Girl...you KNOW being in Cleveland in the winter is NO JOKE :nono:. I'm miserable. And, I think I'm already on that No Wash til Weekend Challenge!! I usually wash every 4 days...its been 5 and I'm straight chillin. I'm in a bun today, and the way it looks I'll be bunning tomorrow and Friday too :ohwell:

Understand your pain girl, I say bun it until you fell like washing it and will be in the house all day, because when that weather hits you it will be full force and there is nothing fun about a freshly washed head being out in the cold. Especially Cleveland. I can imagine what the wind chill factor is right now. Whew! Let's not forget the Lake Effect weather too.

I imagine all of you ladies in the Northeast are feeling this right now.

Hahaha @ this thread. My hair is shellacked back into a bun today too. I'm nowhere near the length of some of you ladies, but I just didn't feel like styling at all. :nono:

I used to think I wasn't a "bun girl," but you do what you gotta do, right? Today is day two of the shellacked bun.

Understand your pain girl, I say bun it until you fell like washing it and will be in the house all day, because when that weather hits you it will be full force and there is nothing fun about a freshly washed head being out in the cold. Especially Cleveland. I can imagine what the wind chill factor is right now. Whew! Let's not forget the Lake Effect weather too.

I imagine all of you ladies in the Northeast are feeling this right now.

Can we say Alberta Clipper :ohwell:

Back