My fluffy afro braids

Calia001

I used

its called Nina and I got it from a beauty supply store in Manhattan for $6 a pack

Its Kinky Mali Braid, as opposed to Afro kinky hair

i love love love it. I used about 2 and half packs because i didn't cut the hair in half. i originally wanted it to be BSL but i figured it would be a bit much.

It's not in box braids, but a series of small canerowed sections

here's what it looks like in living color
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lezov74vQ4

Calia001

^^it's hot if i have it down and i'm in the house.
But it's so light that if i'm outside and i catch a breeze, it moves. It doesn't have a chance to be hot

MzSwift

Very cute! I love fluffy hair!
I was gonna try something like that by doing the latch hook/crochet style with regular kanekalon braiding hair.

Calia001

Very cute! I love fluffy hair!
I was gonna try something like that by doing the latch hook/crochet style with regular kanekalon braiding hair.

thanks, i was thinking that the kind of hair i used would be great for crochet braids but its just too thick for that. I hope you post up your results with the kanekalon, i'm looking forward to that.

Calia001

Very cute! Does the hair have any problems with matting?[/

a little. but before i go to bed, i separate it into a bunch a of sections
then separate the braids from each other
then once's they're singled out, i wet it and twist it

they've been manageable so far

LongLeggedLife

Its cool hair. Do you have short hair, and if not...where does your hair go since its only braided down an inch or so??
Looks quick to put in too!

manter26

Very cute. I like it fluffy and tamed. Is your real hair sticking out? I'd be concerned about my ends if I tried this.

Last edited: