My First Twistout!! ** with pics **

Trace

Last weekend I did my first twistout. I washed, DC'ed, (didn't fully wash out the conditioner) did 7 flat twists, and rolled the ends with Goody's Pillow Soft Rollers, which I loved!

All-in-all, it came out pretty good for my first time. The only things I didn't like were that my ends came out a bit poofy/frizzy and the second day my hair didn't look so hot. Someone posted a link about how you are suppose to take twists out, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know that post I'm talking about? On top of that, I was in a rush, so I know I wasn't as careful as I should have been. Anyway, I'm excited about trying it again! :yawn:

Here are a few pics:

FT front view.jpg

FT back view.jpg

FT side view 1.jpg

So basically a twistout is ...twisting your hair close to the scalp(like a cornrow) letting it dry, and taking it down? If not, please do explain. I'm so..new to everything

how does one do flat twists???? is there a tutorial somewhere???

Your hair is beautiful!!!

Thanks! Since I don't know how to post a link, the easiest way I can tell you is to do an advanced search and look up flat twist. There is a thread entitled "For ladies who had questions about twistouts (pics included)". This post helped me out. I twisted my hair like I was doing cornrows. I think I did about 7 twists, rolled the ends and that was it! :drunk:

:antlers:

So basically a twistout is ...twisting your hair close to the scalp(like a cornrow) letting it dry, and taking it down? If not, please do explain. I'm so..new to everything

HI LADIES I ONLY DO TWIST OUTS B/C I DO NOT BRAID VERY WELL ON MY OWN HAIR AND I LIKE THE SPIRAL EFFECT THAT IT GIVES I TOOK PICS BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST THEM YOU JUST TWO STRAND TWIST JUST LIKE YOU WERE DOING CORN ROWS I DO IT OFF MY FACE DIAG PART WHEN YOU DO IT ON AIR DRIED HAIR IT DRIES QUICKER SET ENDS WITH END PAPERS ON SMALL PERM RODS TIE WITH SCARF OH I PUT VIGAROL IDK IF SPELLED RIGHT MOUSE AFTER I AM DONE I DO IT EVERY OTHER WEEK POT IN HAIR ZINGS AND I OUT...LOL:antlers:

Last edited:
Back