My first shot at Curlformers...

SW2011

I didn't want to cave in and buy yet another product or appliance, but when I went to my Sally's and saw Curlformers...I just HAD TO have them. :yep: I got the salon kit, but I should have gotten the individual packets of extra long. But I still worked it out. I had hair hanging out of the curlformers, but I put magnetic rollers (the kind that you clip on) on the ends.

So, I cowashed my hair. Then put a little bit of NTM leave in on my hair. Next, I just started to put in the culformers. It was actually pretty easy. There were only a couple of times when my hair got a little tangled, but that's because I put too much hair into the hook. After a while, I got the hang out it. It's so much faster than rollersetting. After my whole head was done, I decided to go to sleep. What was I thinking?? :nono: These things HURT while sleeping. I just couldn't get comfortable, but I didn't want to take them out. When I woke up I thought they would be dry, but not even close. So, I sat under my Pibbs for about 30 minutes.

I'm going to keep these culformers because I can use them on my edges (because my nape and the sides of my hair are the shortest) and I can also use them on my mom. But I'm definitely going to get the extra long.

I wore it down in the morning for a luncheon that I attended, then pinned it up during the evening for a wedding. Here is a picture of the results...

Last edited:

discobiscuits

:yep:
:yep:
:yep: :love3::love4: :infatuated:

SW2011

They came out great, nice and full. Did you separate the curls in that picture?

Thanks! I didn't separate the curls. I kept them just the way they were when I took out the curlformers. My hair is pretty thick. I felt like if I started to separate them, I would just have a huge puff of hair.

sxyhairfetish

Looks great verrryyy pretty, i dont think ive seen one bad curlformers pic at ALL relaxed or natural... im sorry... i'll be buying these when i have enough natural hair :) thanks for sharing

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Your hair is GAWJUS! So full and bouncy looking! Did you seperate the curls a little, or did you just take out the Curlformers and leave it alone?

SW2011

Your hair looks great!!

What are curlformers??

Thanks! Curlformers are...well, I guess they would be considered rollers. You can get them at Sally's, and alot of women seem to like them because you get amazing spiral curls with just a little bit of effort. There have been a few threads started about them, but you can google Curlformers and there is a pretty good video that will show you how they work. Whether your hair is relaxed or natural...you'll love them!

HTH!

SW2011

Very pretty!!!!!

I really want to try some but its not in my budget right now :sad:

Girl, I hear ya. I used graduation money from family and friends to buy the ones that I got. If I hadn't gotten money, I wouldn't have been able to get these. I've still been checking the mail every day :look: to see if anyone else has sent me money so that I can get some of the extra long.