My cousin started chemotherapy today

envybeauty

Yeah. My cousin started chemotherapy today. I know that losing her hair is one of the consequences of treatment.

I know vanity should not be a priority but as a woman, I know that losing her hair is probably tearing her apart.

Has anyone on here had to deal with that? Is there any advice I should give her regarding her hair? her scalp maybe. I dunno.

Thanks.

I read somewhere that women use eqyss hair rebuilder to grow their hair back after chemotherapy. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

My mother just finished chemotherapy as well.......(breast cancer) She lost all her beautiful long hair....But she said she didn't care about hair. Hair will grow back. She just wanted to live.........

I am sorry your cousin has to go through this but I hope it works so she can be cancer free:yep: I do know that when they lose hair it hurts.:sad: A friend of mine took her mom to the wig store and they tried on wigs together. Maybe going with her if it comes to that point and trying them on with her would help. Maybe you could make a little beauty day out of it.

I almost forgot ..........A good idea............My sister and I threw my mother a Hat party.......We sent out invitations to her friends, church members and family....The invitations explained the theme for the party....As gifts people brought beautiful scarves, expensive hats.......We reserved a whole section of Olive Garden.....The whole party was a surprise!!!!

I almost forgot ..........A good idea............My sister and I threw my mother a Hat party.......We sent out invitations to her friends, church members and family....The invitations explained the theme for the party....As gifts people brought beautiful scarves, expensive hats.......We reserved a whole section of Olive Garden.....The whole party was a surprise!!!!

that is a great idea! a hat party! i'll suggest it. i like the idea of giving nice scarves.

I am sorry your cousin has to go through this but I hope it works so she can be cancer free:yep: I do know that when they lose hair it hurts.:sad: A friend of mine took her mom to the wig store and they tried on wigs together. Maybe going with her if it comes to that point and trying them on with her would help. Maybe you could make a little beauty day out of it.

i know she is not vain but with all our talk on here about .....to have it one day and lose it the next has got to hurt..even if it means saving your life.

i'll try sending something as i am not with her to help her try them on.

awwwhhhh sweets I'll pray for your cousins healing. Remember the hair can grow back but the gift of life is a bountiful blessing! Yes I'll pray for her. And I have a fam member who went through chemo and hardly lost much hair at all. Maybe 20% - 25% thinner. But if you are a constant shedder that happens anyway.

I would also like to say that my grandmother went through chemo and didn't lose her hair. Hope your cousin experiences this as well :yep:

awwwhhhh sweets I'll pray for your cousins healing. Remember the hair can grow back but the gift of life is a bountiful blessing! Yes I'll pray for her. And I have a fam member who went through chemo and hardly lost much hair at all. Maybe 20% - 25% thinner. But if you are a constant shedder that happens anyway.

thank you for your prayers and for sharing your family member's experience!

I would also like to say that my grandmother went through chemo and didn't lose her hair. Hope your cousin experiences this as well :yep:

thank you for sharing that. until tonight, i just assumed that hair loss was a given with chemo. i will pray that she has not only a long lasting life but also one in which she gets to keep all parts that make her.... her..including her hair.

Back