My Aveda Education....what I need to know before purchase

PuffyBrown

I am about to restock on my hair products but I have been eyeballing Aveda products.

I have heard a lot about this line. I have been looking on the Aveda website at www.aveda.com and am so overwhelmed of the products. I am scared to make a purchase because I just don't know what to buy or where to start. Since these products are not cheap at all, I thought it would be a good idea to check yall out first.

There are alot of sisters on this forum are avid Aveda users so I would like to know anything I can about Aveda products and your experiences, good or bad (if any).

I read through alot of the forums that have been already posted and I definately am interested in learning more about the products, and how Avedas formula works on our hair.

What product(s) have you used?

What products will you continue to buy over and over again and cannot be without (meaning what is is it used for and how it is supposed to benefit your hair)?

What have you noticed about your hair from your first experience with Aveda up until today?

add on; What is your hair type?
Thanks Ladies!

Last edited:
Aveda user checking in! :grin:

What product(s) have you used?
From the Sap moss line: shampoo, nourishing concentrate, detangler, styling spray

The Brilliant line: shampoo, conditioner, Universal styling creme, Humectante, Anti-humectante, Damage control

The Damage Remedy line: conditioner, mask

other products: Be Curly curl enhancer, Hang Straight straightening lotion, Control paste, Scalp Benefits balancing conditioner

What products will you continue to buy over and over again and cannot be without (meaning what is is it used for and how it is supposed to benefit your hair)?

Absolute must haves (will be dependent on for life!!): Sap moss shampoo (best moisturizing shampoo out there!), Brilliant conditioner, Brilliant universal styling creme, Detoxifier (great clarifier that does not strip), Damage remedy conditioner, control paste, and humectante (great for new growth!)

Not so much a must have but works well and likely to buy again: Sap moss nourishing concentrate (although I heard its being discontinued), Be curly (wonderful leave in, smooths and softens), Hang straight (doesn't straighten so much but good leave in), Damage control (nice to spray on before roller sets), scalp benefits conditioner (nourishes the scalp), and anti-humectant (works pretty well for straightened hair in humidity)

What have you noticed about your hair from your first experience with Aveda up until today?
HUGE difference! My curls are noticeably softer and smoother! My hair also looks less dull and has a natural sheen to it.

Hey I am an aveda user -- love it.... I am 4a and use the aveda damage remedy line.. I also use the the brillant and smooth infusion line as well. But aveda dr is my favorite.. It has really turned my hair around...

i am obsessed with the billiant conditioner. i love the damage remedy shampoo and conditioner and cant wait to try the dry remedy.

Hey,

I've been using Aveda products for about 8 years now. It can be quite expensive (I live in the UK), but its well worth it.

I have tried most ranges, but my favourites are the Sap Moss range (which is being discontinued :nono:), Damage Remedy reconstructive conditioner, Brilliant Emollient Finishing gloss (silicone in a bottle), Rosemary Mint shampoo. Strangely, I didn't like the Brilliant Shampoo and Conditioner, it made my hair feel waxy like I had a lot of build-up. I haven't tried their new range yet, I'm determined to use up some product first (my bathroom looks like an Aveda store)!

I have very sensitive skin and lots of allergies. Aveda makes my scalp happy. I have tried other ranges, but my scalp always protests.

Last edited:
Hey I am an aveda user -- love it.... I am 4a and use the aveda damage remedy line.. I also use the the brillant and smooth infusion line as well. But aveda dr is my favorite.. It has really turned my hair around...

Hi, quick questions: What is the exact difference b/w the damage remedy line and the dr? I have some damaged strands, and would like some help repairing them.

Have you tried Kenra? I've been using it for a few months now, but I can't help but wonder if Aveda is a better haircare line? I know that it's expensive; but I'm not afraid to upgrade!! :grin:

Hi, quick questions: What is the exact difference b/w the damage remedy line and the dr?

Aveda Damage Remedy and DR are the same line.

ETA: I'm a huge Aveda fan! I pretty much use their products exclusively. I love the:

Damage Remedy Poo/Con/Treatment
Detox Clarifying Poo
Brilliant Con
Sap Moss Con/Poo/Concentrate
Light Elements Smoothing Fluid
Universal Styling Creme
Brilliant Finishing Gloss.

All are staples for me :look:. My 4a/relaxed hair has never been healthier, longer, or stronger.

I think I'm going to try the Dry Remedy line this weekend.

Last edited:
I use the brilliant shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer. I also use the DR conditioner.

I got a sample of the dry remedy at Aveda here in the UK today. I can't *wait* to try it out! They told me it's coming out in mid-August here.

Back