Much Ado about Coils

solei

(The search was not helping me. But it could be user error. :drunk: )

I got my TWA done into comb coils. (Sidebar: Everyone LOVES them, and I was worried about the reaction at my job!) Anyway I had gotten used to spraying my hair w/aussie moist/water mix and then adding JC moisture & shine afterward.

I am itching (literally!) to moisturize, but I'm scared water is going to ruin my coils. Or something. And those things cost $60.

So, what should I do? I appreciate all advice, I'm so so new with this hair.

(Also I went out tonight and reading LHCF has me looking at erbody's hair like...hmm damaged, wig, extensions, healthy, etc.:lachen:)

Nice style choice when I was home I would do my moms hair in comb coils almost every week, she retained length beautifully with this style:yep:

You can moisturize with a light oil like extra virgin coconut oil, or some other really light moisturizing oil, you can also use a moisturizing creme like jane carter hair nourishing creme, avoid water based moisturizers as they'll ruin the look and when you do remoisturize be gentle and try not to disturb the coils too much:yep:

Awwwwww thank you so much! I was going insane trying to figure it out.

ETA: Your mom's hair is much longer than mine, but her coils are beautiful. :yep:

Last edited:
Thanks! (I take full credit for her hair since I've taken over hair haircare:giggle:) her hair wasnt that long to start out, it grew out with this protective style:yep: Maybe you can take a look at some youtube videos and learn to do this style yourself that way you can save yourself the money.

I actually use a spritz on mine, it's usually water based. It usually doesn't disturb them as long as I don't rub or touch them while the spritz is sinking in. However, I use a lot of gel when I do mine.
But if you're afraid of messing them up, then maybe you could just spritz on an oil. I just wouldn't rub them too much, that usually frizzes mine up.

BMP, your mom's coils are too cute!

Back