moisturizing natural braids

naturallyme

on friday i had put 20 braids in my hair (no extentions) and i want to know what can i use to keep my hair moisturized without it getting frizzy because my hair gets frizzy quickly. i'm planning on keeping the braids in for like 2 1/2 weeks without washing them because my hair gets frizzy easily if i was to wash it. i had to put gel in the front of my hair so that my frizzies can lay down. thanks in advance!!!!

hopeful

At night I spritz my entire head with s-curl, apply oil to my edges, use a slim scarf to tie down/smooth the edges, then baggy my whole head with a shower cap, I then put on a silky bonnet over that to keep from hearing that crunchy sound when I sleep at night. I don't always use a scarf though. By morning my braids are soft and moisturized.

P

patient1

I REALLYYYYYYYY dig your fro. Beautiful!!

On subject, good moisture is usually going to mean frizz, especially if you're going for two weeks. You could consider adding a pomade or butter AFTER you moisturize and then tying on your satin scarf in a manner that lays any strays down. I have my hair in tiny twists right now (no extensions) and that's my nightly routine. I have a part down the middle so that I only have a small area to be concerned about. This is the end of week one and I'm going to see if I can go a month or so.

I'm going to co-wash (probably tomorrow) and then add aloe or something to turn the frizz into curl. Then I'll keep it moving with the routine. My frizzies are cute if I don't say so myself. And I do...:)

p1

eta: Here's a pic. These are not covergirl shots. lOL! My hair looks more like a mass than twists in the pics. They're more detectable live.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

patient1

Let me know how it goes. I bought another headband today. I spritz, pop on a grocery bag (I prefer these to the caps cause they don't leave that indentation on your forehead!), and my scarf. I wake up, finger fluff, and then keep it moving.
p1

morehairplease

hopeful said:
At night I spritz my entire head with s-curl, apply oil to my edges, use a slim scarf to tie down/smooth the edges, then baggy my whole head with a shower cap, I then put on a silky bonnet over that to keep from hearing that crunchy sound when I sleep at night. I don't always use a scarf though. By morning my braids are soft and moisturized.

hopeful,

thanks bunches for posting this. I am going to get my hair rebraided next weekend and will use your routine.