Moisturizing Color Treated Hair

ljf67

Help! My hair is so dry and has no shine. Unfortunately I have to color rather often due to some mean grays. I have been texturizing my hair for the past year. What are some suggestions for helping to keep my hair moisturized and looking shiny? My dull hair is seriously bringing me down!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I have colored hair as well (20-30% gray here!). I pay close attention to several things:

I use JBCO several nights a week on the length of my hair. During the day time, I use 100% pure argan oil for sheen since its very light and my hair absorbs it quickly.

I also steam my hair with a mix of oils at least once a week and make sure I use a moisturizing conditioner as a DC.

I hope those suggestions help.

ljf67

I have colored hair as well (20-30% gray here!). I pay close attention to several things:

I use JBCO several nights a week on the length of my hair. During the day time, I use 100% pure argan oil for sheen since its very light and my hair absorbs it quickly.

I also steam my hair with a mix of oils at least once a week and make sure I use a moisturizing conditioner as a DC.

I hope those suggestions help.

Thanks!!

My current regime is so all over the place. Currently I am using Aveda Color Conserve Shampoo and Conditioner. I am also using Organix Moroccan argan oil pentrating oil and the renewing treatment as a deep conditioner. I have not been using the penetrating oil everyday. Additionally I work out regularly so I often have to do a quick blow dry on the hair in the AM before I go to work, so more heat is being applied than I prefer.