Mizani: Butter Blends Sensitive Scalp or Sensitive Scalp?

What Mizani Rhelaxer?

• Mizani Rhelaxer- Sensitive Scalp

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MsMontoute

Hi Ladies,
Long time no see :) I am happy to share that I am now stretching to 11 weeks and will shoot for 12 weeks next time. I am right at BSL and driving for more thickness and length over the next year!!!

I have finally tried the Mizani relaxer (I used the Mild) and I am happy with the results. I have been using a dominican relaxer and ORS Olive Oil no-lye relaxers for about 6+ years and have been doing well. But with all of the raves on here, I have stepped out with Mizani and I am thinking about going all in :grin:

So now I have to ask all of you Mizani Users: Whats the difference between the Butter Blends and the regular Rhelaxer line? I think I would like to stick to no-lye (easy on the scalp, hard on the hair) and do a sensitive scalp relaxer since I have heard no burns. Since since sensitive scalp seems to come in both types, I am not sure what to pick? What is your vote?

Also, should I use the whole Mizano line (relaxer, protein creme, chalateing shampoo etc) or can I stink with my planned (apoghe 2 mins and other neutralizing shampoo)??

Thanks so much, see you around LCHF ;)

QueenNefi

I had great results from Mizani, even befofre they came out with the Butter Blends. To me, Butter Blends is just a new and improved version of a Mizani relaxer

sqzbly1908

I never like the older version of Mizani as it too strong for my hair and processed very fast (I used the mild, lye and no lye version) I am currently using Butter Blends (lye) and will not turn back....the BB has more moisturizing ingredients in it .....

I have heard great things about the MBB no-lye so u should be fine...

I just use the relaxer only ....(mid step - Redken Deep Fuel, Baba de Caracol (orange top), Tigi Dumb Blonde, etc) Neutralizing shampoo - Motions, Moisturizing DC - Kenra, Alter Ego, Humectress, Orginis, Kerastase, etc....

MsMontoute

Thanks QueenNefi. Thanks Sqzbly *waving hey soror :)* So the butter blends comes in lye and no lye???...Interesting!! I I found a pretty good deal on 4 applications for about $40 but I am not sure if its lye or no-lye but its definitely for sensitive scalp. Thanks for the product recommendations too.

bellesocialite

The last time I relaxed, I used Mizani BB for Sensitive Scalp. It was my first time self-relaxing and everything went well. I didn't get any burns nor did it have that relaxer smell. I plan on using it again in the future.

I only used the relaxer from the Mizani line. From doing research on the board, I've read using the entire system makes a difference for some ladies.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
If it is the 4 apps for 40 then you have the no lye version.

I used the mizani BB reg lye and I had to step up to the super. The reason: I have very dense hair and my hair was taking way toooo long to process to the texture I prefer ( I did not want my hair bone straight nor did I want texturized hair)

since stepping up to super I finally have what I want. I process for normal hair and only smooth 2x in the back and 1x in the front so I will still have some texture but it is easy to get it bone straight by pulling it back and putting a scarf on tight.

I use the relaxer and the Phormula 7 neutralizer. I have recently purchased the perphecting creme that I will use after rinsing out the relaxer and before shampooing.

I don't use anything else in the line.

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

I Love Mizani Butter Blends, I Texturize with that, and I love THAT AFTER YOU WASH IT ALL OUT, IT DOESN'T LEAVE THAT RELAXER SMELL!! My hair is in great health and I am a Stretcher, so I am shooting to stretch until January 2011, but we will see!!