Mixing sulfur with Hot Six Oil to mimic Boundless Tresses

Rayne3090

Hi, All. I have been reading several posts about people making their own Boundless Tresses. I finally found the 'Flowers of Sulfur' sulfer at CVS in Atlanta. While I was shopping for various oils to mix it with, I came across Hot Six oil. The ingredients are as follows:

Olive oil
Canola oil
Weat germ oil
Sweet almond oil
Safflower oil
Castor oil
Sesame oil
Vitamins E, A, and D
Cyclomethicone
Sheep Sorrell
Yarrow
Slippery Elm bark
Sage
Henna
Comfrey
Burdock root
Ginseng
Goldenseal
Cherry bark
Black walnut
Chamomile
Alfalfa
Hyssop
Wheat Germ
Fragrance

Do you guys think it would be okay to mix the sulfur with Hot Six instead of spending a fortune on several different seperate oils?

I have actually already mixed it, but have not used it yet...just wanted to know what you guys think.

Rayne3090

Flowers of Sufur (if I am not mistaken) is the brand name. It is by Humco (www.humco.com) It is what pharmacies use when mixing topical acne (and other types) of prescription treatments.

I told the pharmacist what I intended to use it for and he said it would be fine for this use.

The bottle says 'pharmaceutical compounding agent - used in compounding preparations for acne, psoriasis and severe skin disorders' 'Sulfur Usp sublimed powder'.

Last edited:

katblack

Flower of sulfur is essentially sulfur. It is often used in gardening and such, but can be used on the skin. It should not be ingested:nono:! I have some to, and used in my oil mixture, it works just fine.

Noir

The oil sounds good sans cones (Cyclomethicone)

I don't have a problem with cones on my hair but I wouldn't put it on my scalp.