???"Mixed up" natural food recipes book???

netnet26

I was on you tube and I was looking for MORE natural hair care recipes since I am really trying to use more NATURAL ingredients on my hair now....and I stumble on this lady's site she has a book w/ a wide variety of hair recipes...the book is called Mixed up...and it seemed intersteing:yep:....Just wanted to know if any of you ladies have this book or know anything about it???...I think I am going to order the downloadable version for 5.00 dollars..the book is 16..something.....so here are the links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S04zNwwytGU

www.stores.lulu.com/mixeduphairbook

TIA ladies

Forever in Bloom

I have it :grin:

It is awesome. There are so many recipes, I've only done about 5 and I have had it since November. I have the downloadable version - I punched holes in it and put it in a binder. Voila!

netnet26

It is awesome. There are so many recipes, I've only done about 5 and I have had it since November. I have the downloadable version - I punched holes in it and put it in a binder. Voila!

Thanks!....that is a very good idea!:yep:...what were the recipes you've tried and how did they make your hair feel?

Any others w/ the book who would like to share there satisfaction w/ it???

Jynkx

is it a big book? does it have a lotta recipes? how many pages did it print?

Is it like food - like bananas and avacados and stuff - or is it herbs and spices? I ask because I always wondered if you put food in your hair - like a leave-in conditioner, would it go bad in your hair after a few days?? I know it's a weird question.

Jynkx

Is it like food - like bananas and avacados and stuff - or is it herbs and spices? I ask because I always wondered if you put food in your hair - like a leave-in conditioner, would it go bad in your hair after a few days?? I know it's a weird question.

i would assume that if you used food items and didnt wash them out they would indeed spoil in your hair.

Forever in Bloom

One thing about me: I forget some threads I post in :ohwell: so don't think I am ignoring ya.

When I printed this out, it came to 136 pages. Here's the content:

Acknowledgments/Dedications
iii
Foreword v
Notes on Book vii

Vocabulary/Definitions 1
Organic Preservatives 6
Essential Oils 10
Carrier Oils 12
Ayurvedic Ingredients 15
Food for Hair 17

Strengthening & Growth 20
Moisturizing & Conditioning 40
Shampoos 82
Color 96
Rinses & Clarifiers 102
Dandruff 112
Scrubs, Gels, Spritzes 120

Each recipe has its own individual page and a place where you can write your notes on your experience with the products you made. I take note of what alternatives I may have used, such as different oils, amount of time I left the concoction in my hair. Many of the recipes were gathered from other sources; the web, books, YouTube viewers who watched Najahface's channel and contributed their own.

I did the Sesame/Coconut Hair Conditioner (omg!! - it includes 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons light sesame oil [I used jojoba oil], 2 whole eggs , 2 tablespoons coconut milk, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon coconut oil) I also saw this recipe in the Blended Beauty book.

Herbal/Olive Oil Conditioner - 3 tsp honey + 1/4 c. olive oil (left my hair feeling so balanced and soft) Najahface presents different versions of this recipe using different measurements. This one works for my hair.

Shikakai Treatment (includes 1 tbsp each Shikakai, Amla, Bhringaraj, & 2 tbsp marshmallow)

Mint Cream Hair Dressing (makes a 16 oz jar: shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, ginger mint herb tea, cayenne pepper{optional}, 30 drops peppermint essential oil - from www.agbangakarite.com but used in the book.

Banana Hair Mask (1 banana, 3 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil)

These are just a few. HTH!! :grin: These are the only ones that I have tried but they are phenomenal!

ajacks

One thing about me: I forget some threads I post in :ohwell: so don't think I am ignoring ya.

When I printed this out, it came to 136 pages. Here's the content:

Acknowledgments/Dedications iii
Foreword v
Notes on Book vii

Vocabulary/Definitions 1
Organic Preservatives 6
Essential Oils 10
Carrier Oils 12
Ayurvedic Ingredients 15
Food for Hair 17

Strengthening & Growth 20
Moisturizing & Conditioning 40
Shampoos 82
Color 96
Rinses & Clarifiers 102
Dandruff 112
Scrubs, Gels, Spritzes 120

Each recipe has its own individual page and a place where you can write your notes on your experience with the products you made. I take note of what alternatives I may have used, such as different oils, amount of time I left the concoction in my hair. Many of the recipes were gathered from other sources; the web, books, YouTube viewers who watched Najahface's channel and contributed their own.

I did the Sesame/Coconut Hair Conditioner (omg!! - it includes 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons light sesame oil [I used jojoba oil], 2 whole eggs , 2 tablespoons coconut milk, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon coconut oil) I also saw this recipe in the Blended Beauty book.

Herbal/Olive Oil Conditioner - 3 tsp honey + 1/4 c. olive oil (left my hair feeling so balanced and soft) Najahface presents different versions of this recipe using different measurements. This one works for my hair.

Shikakai Treatment (includes 1 tbsp each Shikakai, Amla, Bhringaraj, & 2 tbsp marshmallow)

Mint Cream Hair Dressing (makes a 16 oz jar: shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, ginger mint herb tea, cayenne pepper{optional}, 30 drops peppermint essential oil - from www.agbangakarite.com but used in the book.

Banana Hair Mask (1 banana, 3 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil)

These are just a few. HTH!! :grin: These are the only ones that I have tried but they are phenomenal!

Thanks for the info. Sounds interesting!!!

Jynkx

think i will get that printer ink. i know i could get all these recipes online in various places but i like to have something tangible. and for 5 bucks it sounds worth it. thanks for the good reccommend