Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

cheche

I recently saw a Fotki where the lady used the above product, her hair was very pretty and I like the low maintanence curly look she achieved. She used this product to achieve the look but it is quite costly. I googled it and it's $38.99 for 16 oz. So before I spend that kinda money, I'm lookin for any feedback on the product you ladies may have. If you have used it before please share your experience. Thanks!

sweetpuff

it is a nice product but I am sure you can find other ones for less.
I tried it a few times and I liked it on natural and texturized hair. It is basically a gel for me. You are supposed to put it on wet hair and dry it under a hood dryer. The smell can be nice to some people, but nauseating to others (my mom heeeheehee).
I have pics of me using the curly pudding product on natural hair in my fotki (go in "April"). I liked it because it made my curls really tight and more defined. I unfortunately do not have pics of curlypudding over texturized hair.

HTH

I used this when I was natural. I have thick coarse 4B hair. When I applied the cream in the manner describe on their website, it did loosen my kinks/curls. However when my hair dried it did nothing for it, plus I had residue. I truly believe this cream works best on those with looser texture such as 3C, etc. Other 4b's may have had a different experience though. For me it wasn't worth the price, i'm sure there are cheaper products that could give you the desired effect. Good Luck!

shiningstar84

I've never tried it. I wanted to, but $38 to make my curls pop? Heck naw!
Here's a link to a substitute thread curly substitute.

ETA: Fantasia Ic gel and a denman brush worked for well for me. What look are you going for?

Last edited:

caligirl

I use it like a setting lotion because it works really well to smooth and mold the hair into the shape you want e.g. spiral set. The only bad thing is that it takes forever to dry and its kind of messy to use.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Save your money. I agree with whomever said that curly pudding works better on type 3 hair.

PLUS - it has this really strong grape bubble yum smell that is pleasant at first but after having it on my head all day, I would get a headache.

I've tried using it to shingle, to hold my twists together and as a moisturizer and it's failed on all counts. I gave it to my friend who is natural with the same hair type and she didn't have much luck either.

Robin41

jenteel said:
have u tried kinky-curly curling custard
it is fantabulous on my hair!!!!!!
and it is amazingly moisturizing
the defining results last for days!!!

I agree. I like Kinky Curly Curling Custard too but my staple product now is Fructis Soft Curl Cream. I use it with their Curl and Shine leave in conditioner and I love the combo for soft defined curls.