Merry Christmas

LovingLady

Today is represented as the day our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was born. On this day, God for-filled a promise that was in Isaiah 7 - Passage, to redeem His world.

Luke 1:26-38 - Passage describes Mary receiving the message that she is going to be giving birth to a baby boy. Being in the position that Mary was in, having a child out of wedlock, she was going to receive a lot of criticism from the people around her. In-spite of her persecution, she considered it an honor and privilege to be a servant of God.

Just like Mary waited to receive the promise of God, so must we through our trials and pain. Waiting is a time to find your own identification. The world defines you by what you do, but you are what God has done for us through the birth of Jesus.

We have a lot to be celebrating today, ladies we are forgiven, we are redeemed, and Jesus is worth to be praised. Have a Merry Christmas.

Happy Birthday Jesus.:angel:

:Rose::love5::Rose:

:birthday2:dance7:

PinkPebbles

Merry Christmas!!!!

I enjoyed watching Pope Benedict give Holy ChristMas on Christmas Eve.

I appreciate how the Catholic churches keep Christmas sacred and holy!

divya

Thank you for the beautiful message! God is truly love!

Merry Christmas to you and all the ladies here on LHCF!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:amen: What a beautiful message. Thank you for sharing this. Merry Christmas to you and everyone, here. :Rose:

:Rose: My family enjoyed the Christmas service at Church. This made me very happy to have Jesus is our focus. The gifts and other activities were not priority. :Rose:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Abdijz, I read the very same passage (Luke 1:26-45) today. Thank you for sharing this. The three things I gather from this passage are:

1. Do not be afraid
2. For nothing is impossible with God
3. Blessed is SHE who has believed that what the Lord, has said to her will be accomplished.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
You ladies are very welcome. Did anyone else attend a church service?

My family attended Christmas service and I am so blessed that they placed Jesus first. It means a lot to me. My baby grands went to service and didn't think once or twice about opening gifts. I love my babies :love3:

ETA: :lol: I'm back and forth at my computer posting between cooking and talking to family; I forgot I posted this reply above. Ei yi yi...... :lol:

Last edited:

LovingLady

Abdijz, I read the very same passage (Luke 1:26-45) today. Thank you for sharing this. The three things I gather from this passage are:

1. Do not be afraid
2. For nothing is impossible with God
3. Blessed is SHE who has believed that what the Lord, has said to her will be accomplished.

That is amazing. I love when God makes Himself known to his people. Earlier this week someone also posted a thread that was referencing to Mary.

My family attended Christmas service and I am so blessed that they placed Jesus first. It means a lot to me. My baby grands went to service and didn't think once or twice about opening gifts. I love my babies :love3:

ETA: :lol: I'm back and forth at my computer posting between cooking and talking to family; I forgot I posted this reply above. Ei yi yi...... :lol:

:lol: You always know how to keep busy.

PinkPebbles

What channel does this air on? I didn't know the Pope did this.

It came on yesterday on EWTN (catholic channel). And it came on again today at 6pm - 8pm.

It was beautiful and I started to post the time it came on again. I should have followed my mind (sorry).

ETA: The Mass with the Pope airs again at 12am. Channel 370 (EWTN) with Direct TV

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
You all, I had to run in here and share a testimony.

Things have been extremely tight financially for me this entire year. I'm in grad school and need my car, but the car has cost me thousands of dollars in repairs just this year. It wiped out money that I needed for living expenses, and I've basically been getting by on prayers and freebies where I can get them. Well, I hit an obstacle that I really saw no way to feasibly overcome. I had a balance on my student account that I was unable to pay, which resulted in a hold being placed on it. The hold meant that I was unable to register for classes next semester. And not being registered for classes meant that no financial aid money would be released to me, which I need to pay off the balance and the several other bills. It's overwhelming. Well, I've just been waiting--I don't know for what. But praying, and seeking out all options, and one by one each option ended up being a shut door. One by one by one. Jobs that looked promising--nope. Family that would usually be supportive--nope. Trying to get rid of some valuables--nope. It was really crazy, actually. So I've felt like a sitting duck waiting for the worst to fall--having the new year come and being unable to continue my studies.

Well, I don't know what prompted me to do it, but I went onto my student account just this evening, and clicked around, but realized that the hold was removed! I was confused, thinking that there must have been something wrong. I went to register for my classes and the system let me in! It was so funny, I was filling in the classes so fast just in case it was some kind of glitch that was going to lock me out again. :laugh: I couldn't believe it. The school has a stern policy that if there's a remaining balance from the previous semester that you can't register and in turn won't receive future aid. So I have no idea whatsoever how or why the hold was removed, other than that I seriously needed it to be!

The Lord's faithfulness is amazing once again...I still can't believe it. I had no options left, and didn't have any reason to go on the account again today...but something prompted me. I guess that was the Lord's Christmas present to me!!

Just had to share! Please thank God with me and have a blessed day.

Shimmie

Staff member
You all, I had to run in here and share a testimony.

Things have been extremely tight financially for me this entire year. I'm in grad school and need my car, but the car has cost me thousands of dollars in repairs just this year. It wiped out money that I needed for living expenses, and I've basically been getting by on prayers and freebies where I can get them. Well, I hit an obstacle that I really saw no way to feasibly overcome. I had a balance on my student account that I was unable to pay, which resulted in a hold being placed on it. The hold meant that I was unable to register for classes next semester. And not being registered for classes meant that no financial aid money would be released to me, which I need to pay off the balance and the several other bills. It's overwhelming. Well, I've just been waiting--I don't know for what. But praying, and seeking out all options, and one by one each option ended up being a shut door. One by one by one. Jobs that looked promising--nope. Family that would usually be supportive--nope. Trying to get rid of some valuables--nope. It was really crazy, actually. So I've felt like a sitting duck waiting for the worst to fall--having the new year come and being unable to continue my studies.

Well, I don't know what prompted me to do it, but I went onto my student account just this evening, and clicked around, but realized that the hold was removed! I was confused, thinking that there must have been something wrong. I went to register for my classes and the system let me in! It was so funny, I was filling in the classes so fast just in case it was some kind of glitch that was going to lock me out again. :laugh: I couldn't believe it. The school has a stern policy that if there's a remaining balance from the previous semester that you can't register and in turn won't receive future aid. So I have no idea whatsoever how or why the hold was removed, other than that I seriously needed it to be!

The Lord's faithfulness is amazing once again...I still can't believe it. I had no options left, and didn't have any reason to go on the account again today...but something prompted me. I guess that was the Lord's Christmas present to me!!

Just had to share! Please thank God with me and have a blessed day.

Praise God, Nicola... I am so happy for you. :happydance: :dance7:

Can't nobody mess with God's children, of whom you are.

God is the Alpha and the Omega and Lord of 'ALL'. Including schools.

You are His child and He has promised to take care of you. Nothing stops God from doing so. Nothing. God sent His angels to swipe the slate clean for you. And just as the Angel spoke to Joseph to get up and take his wife Mary and the child, Jesus and to move on to Nazareth, God so spoke to you to go and check your school account.

Glory to God!. Chile, I'm dancing and shouting with and for you. :dance7:

I'm so happy for you. Thank you Jesus!!!

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Praise God, Nicola... I am so happy for you. :happydance: :dance7:

Can't nobody mess with God's children, of whom you are.

God is the Alpha and the Omega and Lord of 'ALL'. Including schools.

You are His child and He has promised to take care of you. Nothing stops God from doing so. Nothing. God sent His angels to swipe the slate clean for you. And just as the Angel spoke to Joseph to get up and take his wife Mary and the child, Jesus and to move on to Nazareth, God so spoke to you to go and check your school account.

Glory to God!. Chile, I'm dancing and shouting with and for you. :dance7:

I'm so happy for you. Thank you Jesus!!!

Thanks so much Shimmie! I've seen the Lord's faithfulness before, but goodness! This has me going :drunk:. He may not come when you want Him to, but He's always on time. He's never failed me yet.

Merry Christmas!