Measuring??

sweetpeadst

HOw are you measuring your hair??? Where do you start??? I am getting a retouch as of tomorrow or early Thursday and wold like to know the inch length of my hair!

BrwnSugaBabee

Honestly i have found that taking pics is a great way to measure hair length. The comparison shots don't lie, and you can tell when it has grown even a little bit. Also taking photos helps keep me on my regimen because I want my hair to look better each time i take photos.which will be once a month from now on.

Ashee

There's been a post about this before...
I usually go from front hair line to back ends, or top of crown to back ends. I co-sign with picture measuring too! I also measure different sections from root to ends to see how the sections are doing....... :look:

webby

Think Slim
I measure from crown to end, particularly since my hair isn't layered and my crown is my longest section of hair.

Mestiza

I get someone else to measure the length of my hair from hairline to the ends in the back.

Measuring from the crown to the ends just didn't work for me b/c it was hard trying to consistently start from the exact same spot.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[size=+1]I part my hair from ear to ear. Then I measure the back starting at the part. From that part I make another part down the middle of my head to the front of my hairline. Then I measure the front on each side. My right side is always longer than my left by 1". The front of my hair is shorter than the back. Oh yeah....I have bangs which I don't measure at all.[/size]

RainbowCurls

If I wasn't too lazy to measure, I'd do the hairline to end measurement.
My hair is all different lengths in different places. I'd never be able to get an accurate measurement from random shedded/pulled out hairs.
And... I don't know exactly where my crown is.

Ayeshia

I measure the actual lengthf my strands from root to tip. the hair line to ends technique is pointless for me because my hair is ultra curly.