Maxiglide Look Alike/Work Alike??

McQuay30

I guess my question is there a generic maxiglide, like for the CHI you can purchase the GVP from Sally's??

ricochet

Not that I am aware of, but there are some flat irons out there that have teeth on the sides, but not on the whole plate like the maxi. I found this one for about $10 at Big Lots YEARS AGO but the sucker is loud and annoying (probably why it was $10) and who knows where it is now. It has gotten pretty bad reviews on the website below. I can't speak on if it works well or not, I couldn't use it after a few minutes of the noise. It sounds like the instyler but the sound is constant where the instyler only makes the noise when you clamp it down. :/

http://www.folica.com/Hot_Tools_Ion_C_r1311_1.html

Natural Glow

I have one like this
It's by Conair. You can use it regular or wet to dry. It does have teeth but it doesn't steam or anything. It worked pretty well although I have no idea where that thing is now

McQuay30

Maybe I should try an iron with more of a detangler feature like the Conair or the one by Hot Tools, because making sure my hair is detangled to the roots for the maxiglide may be a bit hard.