Maxiglide/Flatiron users

Relentless

Reinventing
When I've tried to flatiron my hair in the past, it didn't work. My hair would never get straight. I could never get it like my beautician.

I've read on this forum where some ladies are using Maxiglide. For those that use it, does it straighten the hair just as good as if you had a salon visit? I am conteplating purchasing one.
or
Do you have another recommendation for a good flat iron?

For me, Maxiglide is the business. My hair can't get that straight if I didnt have the Maxiglide.
Here is a thread with my results

When I've tried to flatiron my hair in the past, it didn't work. My hair would never get straight. I could never get it like my beautician.

I've read on this forum where some ladies are using Maxiglide. For those that use it, does it straighten the hair just as good as if you had a salon visit? I am conteplating purchasing one.
or
Do you have another recommendation for a good flat iron?

Prettydimples01 just did a video a couple of days ago using her maxiglide and her hair came out very straight, here's the link YouTube - PRETTYDIMPLES01's Channel

When I used a maxiglide, it usually made my hair straight as can be with one pass. I own a Solia flat iron now and when I used it, it took 2 passes per section.

I loooovvvveee my Maxiglide. I get salon quality hair with it. The main thing though it products and technique. I use nioxin thermal protector (it's spray) and a little bit of paul mitchell's skinny serum when I blowdry. I blow dry my hair very straight in sections with a "modified" denman brush. I use the maxiglide that isn't as wide so I can get my roots easier. I also put a little bit of coconut oil on my ends. Good luck!

I just purchased my maxiglide (from ebay) a few days ago....it should be here in the next day or 2.

I plan to use it to do a flat iron/length check for Christmas so I'll post my pics sometime next week. I'm hoping it's everything I've heard!

i vote 4 the maxiglide mp. straightens my 4b hair VERY well & my wavy weave hair too.
think i ordered it from qvc or hsn back when they were running a special for less than $80.

^sapphire!!!
*nb drools*

n I ordered mine from...ebay? I think? I dunno. bumping for the others....

LOL NB .. I luv your siggy ... "who gon check me boo?" lmao!

I just saw HSN has the maxiglide xpress set for $49.95 .. includes the maxiglide (of course), clips, and a brush.

I dont mean to jack the thread but can anyone recommend a good heat protectant to use with the maxi glide? When my sis had one the products she used left a lot of residue on the plates.

Last edited:
:look:
nobody on the board that I know of uses this, but I use motions "heat seeker" protectant. its a spray, I have really fine strands so anything will weigh me down.I still can't over do it on the spray or it still weigh it down, create residue on the maxi, etc. .but no heat damage since I started.

Last edited:
I bought my Maxiglide from HSN (I got the set.) On the rare occasions I do flat iron I use the Maximus products or Chi products (silk infusion, keratin mist, and plain iron guard as the heat protectant.)

I love my Maxiglide MP. I also love the fact that they sent another reservoir when my old one started leaking. I heart good customer service.

Back