Magnetic rollers

~~HoneyComb~~

I have the grey rollers and I want to start rollersetting my hair to straighten it instead of using a flat iron. I need to know what do you use to hold the rollers in place since it doesn't come with a clasp. I've never rollerset before, is it okay to use bobby pins?

Bumping please, I know there are some magnetic roller setters out there.
Use the two prong silver clips. You can get them at the BSS. I'm sorry I can't post a pic of it, I'm at work:grin: I know some other helpful lady will either explain it to you, post a pic of it, or a link to where to find them.

When you buy the clips you do need the two prong - when I went to the BSS store I saw three types: 1 prong, 2 prong and 2 prong Slide-In - if you see them get the slide-in clips - these will go all the way in the roller - if that makes sense - I'm trying to find a pic of them. The Slide-In ones have a "pocket" like a little hole.

406c46e4-65bf-d230-42d5-7cfb465f12ed.jpg
These's are called the "Diane Slide-In Clips Double Prong ". I have these but mine came in a plastic box.

Here are the features per www.metrobeauty.com

- double prong
- 1 3/4 inch
- nickel plated steel
- clips slide completely into roller

Last edited:
Yeah, mine came in a plastic tub as well. I wish you could see the side of them. But that's it - they fit way better too on the rollers.

Right a side shot would have been much better. So you can actually see the pocket. Hummm I'll keep searching :grin: I attempted to draw a picture of the clip but, that drawing didn't go to well. :lachen:

This is a huge picture but you can kind of see the pocket...look at the clips inside the package

2069770404DoubleProngCurlClips.60533(886x814).jpg

Last edited:
OP sorri to go off topic for a bit. Have to tell my homegirl that this hair is sick. Your progress- its supernatural. Please point me to your reggie. BTW, I'm a old head from Germantown. Attended McCloskey not too far from Mt Airy.
Peace!
Use the two prong silver clips. You can get them at the BSS. I'm sorry I can't post a pic of it, I'm at work:grin: I know some other helpful lady will either explain it to you, post a pic of it, or a link to where to find them.

Since I started learning to rollerset I've been using plain 'ole bobby pins. I think they're probably a little more difficult to use than clips but they work just the same.

Are you completely new to roller setting? If you are, I think you might have an easier time managing roller pins instead of the clips. Roller pins look like bobby pins except they are longer and a little sturdier.

Being new to rollersetting myself, I found Machieramour's DVD, "The Healthy Textures' Guide to Roller Setting--Your Guide to Salone Quality Roller Sets at Home", to be very helpful. You may want to invest in it. You can find out more about at her website, www.healthytextures.com:yep:

Pictures of double prong clip with pocket used for rollersetting. The pocket allows room for the curler and prevent the roller from moving. Also, they don't put dents or indentations in your curls.

Pocket view of double prong clip

Image022-vi.jpg

View of double prong clip open
Image023-vi.jpg

View of double prong clip halfway on magnetic roller

Image024-vi.jpg

View with double prong clip on magnetic roller

Image025-vi.jpg

Double prong clip on roller

Image026-vi.jpg

Inside curler view of double prong clip on roller

Image027-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I have the grey rollers and I want to start rollersetting my hair to straighten it instead of using a flat iron. I need to know what do you use to hold the rollers in place since it doesn't come with a clasp. I've never rollerset before, is it okay to use bobby pins?

I'm natural as well with about the same length of hair and I use magnetic rollers with the clamps and kept taut with bobby pins. Here's and example:

http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-jan-2/the-big-girl-roller/

I typically comb the curls out and wrap or saran wrap it for a more polished straight look w/out direct heat

Thanks KBLC06 and Orangemoon for the pictures this really helped, I plan on doing my first rollerset next week, wish me luck!

Back