Lover Is Losing Her Naps!!!!

loverofnaps71

Ladies:

I am a natural 3c/4a/4b and combinations all over. Well, the front part of my hair is getting straighter and straighter. The problem is the other sections of my hair are curly/wavy/kinky. So I have straight/curly/nappy textures throughout and it doesn't look right to me.

Now, I don't know if it's the MSM I've been using overtime or what. I don't mind the changes if there are changes all over. But it's now difficult for my twists to stay put in the front and on the sides...and in some areas at the base of my hair.

Should I quit taking the MSM or do you think that it's just the nature of the hair as it grows out?

kema

I don't have an answer, but my hair is exactly the same. The front of my hair is wavy, while the rest is more curly. I don't use MSM, so I don't know if its the MSM, I think its just the nature of the hair.

kammie

It's probably your avatar. Long term viewing of Prince shaking his behind has strange effects on me also.

(Sorry, but I just love that thing!)

GodMadeMePretty

I think it's the nature of hair also. I have a friend who says that as she gets older, more of her hair grows out of her head straight.

loverofnaps71

[ QUOTE ]
kammie said:
It's probably your avatar. Long term viewing of Prince shaking his behind has strange effects on me also.

(Sorry, but I just love that thing!)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right! He has the affect on many people!

lsubabiedee

hmmm...could be the MSM or just sometimes when hair grows longer the curl gets stretched out a bit

*kema, love that avatar!!*

DelightfulFlame

I take MSM off and on, but my hair is growing more and more like what you described. I don't think I can say it is the MSM since I don't ever take it consistently. I think it's just the nature of the hair as it grows.

bettydavis

When I saw the title I thought you were getting a relaxer

My hair is the same way too, my mom and sister's too, I think it grows that way naturally...hopefully as it grows out longer it'll balance out somehow...

Super_Hero_Girl

I completely understand you. My hair is very curly all over but in the back I have two spots where my hair is bone straight. I tired to blame it on my stylist after he straighted my hair once, but it has been a while and it hasn't reverted. Since it is only a small bit in two spots I have considered cutting them off, because it looks strange and hangs longer than the rest of my hair. But since it just be how my hair is naturally growing, since everyone else is getting similar results, I think I will just leave it alone.

*** More helpful ideals from the wonderful ladies of the LHCF. Thanks***

**Oh and Babyblue your hair is gorgeous, you are now officially added to my list of natural inspirations!

bellydancer

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
hmmm...could be the MSM or just sometimes when hair grows longer the curl gets stretched out a bit

when hair grows longer the curls do get stretched out. one of my friends had very defined 3c curls when her hair was shoulder length. she grew it to her waist and her hair was very wavy. They were really loose waves. Another one of my friends had waist length hair and it was a 2a/b texture. She cut if off to her shoulders and she had curls in the 3 category. When my hair was at my shoulders it didn't have much of a curl pattern at all. It was 4a/b, but now I'm seeing 3c in the back where my hair is the longest

*kema, love that avatar!!*

[/ QUOTE ]

NubianAngel

Sometimes hair changes texture a bit as it grows. I know that when I grew out my texturizer, I was suprised to see that some parts of my hair is fine and doesn't curl as much, and it gets straight just from a ponytail. I've also seen pics of someone who is chemical free and doesn't really press, but she had some straighter hair in the front - possibly from wearing her hair back long term.