Loose hair while blow drying

beebellkel

Is it normal to shed alot of hair while blow drying? I rarely use a blow dryer but when I do I use a comb attachment and the floor,sink and my shirt
Is always full of hair its this way if my hair is dry it wet

Could it be the comb attachment or something else

Nonie

beebellkel, it depends. How well do you remove shed hair? Like how often do you comb? If you aren't meticulous in removing up to a hundred hairs DAILY then it could be that when you are blowdrying is the one time you are meticulous. The straighter strands also mean loose hair can slide out easily.

When my hair is loose I comb it AT LEAST twice a week so I don't see any weird shedding on a day when I do anything different. But if you don't run a comb through your hair on a daily basis as you do when you blowdry, then that explains why you see all that hair. It's hair that had been caught and finally gets removed.

If you normally comb your hair daily and get 50-100 hairs coming out each day but more when you blowdry, then something else is going on. (BTW if the comb you're using isn't seamless, it could also be ripping at your strands. Even if not pulling them out, it could be tearing at them. You're better of doing the chase method with a seamless comb.)

karenjoe

yea I remember wiping hair off the walls too....
I was anemic iron was very low.......
I DC'ed a lot took iron tablets 65mg twice a day....
hair got stronger & stop shedding....

does you hair shed a lot, after washing & conditioning ?
try sectioning you hair off in smaller sections when u blow dry

get a heat cap or a steamer to deep condition a

Last edited:

beebellkel

sweetlaughter said:
Are you sure it is shed hair? It it prolly breakage.

Some are shed and some are broken hairs. I dont notice is any broken areas in my head thats why i said shed

westNDNbeauty

I blow dry weekly but I do not use a comb attachment. I hold the ends taught and run the dryer up and down my hair shaft for a minute. My hair is usually 70% dry before doing this. Also this is how I avoid breakage.

Even if you dont notice an area of breakage, know that widespread breakage is probabaly still occurring and you will notice it after a few months when your hair doesnt appear to grow. Mechanical damage/breakage is doing away with what you grow each month.