Long Term Transitioner Out of the Lurk Closet!

alex114

Hey everyone!!
I swear I've been lurking on LHCF hardcore for at least a year-- but I was still texlaxed and considering transitioning. And in August 2013 I put in box braids, left them in for 2 months, and I haven't relaxed since. So I'm about 6 months in. I've mostly been keeping my hair in cornrows and twists under wigs, but really, I'm just ecstatic to finally be heard on this amazing forum. You guys keep me focused and hungry to reach my goal, which is healthy retention and a 2 year transition from relaxed/texlaxed to natural! :grin:

And btw, right now I'm not quite sure but I think I'm below shoulder length, not quite APL. Or at least my cornrows fall below my shoulders lol. And the picture below is my last straight picture-- since then all of my pictures of my hair are right after cornrows, or curl former sets, cuz I'm blending textures without heat. Any tips or suggestions would be sooooooooo helpful!

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Columbia.jpeg
    Columbia.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 73
Welcome! I'm transitioning too and I am 6.5 months post. My hair is about the same length as yours, you should check out the relaxed to natural thread.

Back