LOL* I guess us "sisters" are not the ONLY ones obsessed with hair health!

Crystalicequeen123

Hey ladies...

I was searching online for more info on vitamins, and I came across this hair board, but geared towards WHITE women! :lol: It was so interesting how their board is so much like ours!

You see...I guess we're not the ONLY ones obsessed with taking vitamins for hair health, or posting pics of our hair progress in our siggys! ;) Next time someone calls you "crazy" or "obsessed" with hair growth, just tell them that women of other races do the same thing. You should take a look and glance at this board. Who knows....maybe they have some interesting tips too. I"m sure it's nothing we don't already know though! :D

IF you want to take a look, here's the site: http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=235232&messageid=1053876409

Samaria

Hehe Im going to check this out now. They CW and everything(not sure if its for the same reason we do!), lol this really interesting, thnxx

Crystalicequeen123

Hehe...yeah, no problem!

Yep, I was surprised too at how some of the regimens they do are the same as ours. ;)

I guess that goes to prove that hair is hair. There are only maybe minor differences in hair types, but overall...hair is hair. It's made up of the same thing regardless of what race you are. :up:

Lady_Lioness

You're right hair is hair...I believe there is another site which is of predominately white women trying to also grow healthy, long hair...It's called LonghairCommunity
You can check that out too!!!...You'll be surprised:)

nelli711

The is also another website that I found which is www.longhaircommunity.com, its almost identical to ours

Armyqt

Shoot THIS board is a spinoff frm a white hair board. All we had was 1 forum and it was for multicultural ladies. All of the old timers on here can tell you.:p

Divine Inspiration

And another...http://www.longlocks.com/salon/
They have a section that is dedicated to AA hair, but there aren't really any posts there. Most of the women are caucasian so the advice there has them in mind as far as I can tell (i.e. caucasian women dealing with oily hair and trying to avoid grease overload etc etc)

isawstars

I am shocked. I don't understand why they would worry about their hair... they don't apply nearly as chemicals as we do... isn't their hair stronger than ours because of that. This going to sound odd but my best friend is white and when she left my room i found one of her hairs and tried pulling on it to see if it would break. My hair normally breaks after the 2nd or 3rd tug... Her hair is as strong as a rope!

Last edited:

Divine Inspiration

Kristenxdollface said:
I am shocked. I don't understand why they would worry about their hair... they don't apply nearly as chemicals as we do... isn't their hair stronger than ours because of that. This going to sound odd but my best friend is white and when she left my room i found one of her hairs and tried pulling out it to see if it would break. My hair normally breaks after the 2nd or 3rd tug... Her hair is as strong as a robe!
:lachen: :lol: Girl I'm mad that you were checkin your girl's elasticity out when she left the room! That is too funny...

{DI}

Last edited:

Leigh

Lady_Lioness said:
You're right hair is hair...I believe there is another site which is of predominately white women trying to also grow healthy, long hair...It's called LonghairCommunity
You can check that out too!!!...You'll be surprised:)

Is that one of the sites that came from LHL?

hairmaster

I am a long healthy hair nut!!!!!And belong to both forums, but am acepted better here the lady on the other forum like to keep it a ladys forum.

Crystalicequeen123

Armyqt said:
Shoot THIS board is a spinoff frm a white hair board. All we had was 1 forum and it was for multicultural ladies. All of the old timers on here can tell you.:p

Really? Wow, I didn't know that. Well then, I'm glad this board has "blossomed" into the board that it is! I know that this board is more so dedicated to black women and healthy hair care, but I would think that women of other races are welcome too. :)

I am just a bit surprised [like Kristendollface mentioned] that white women have a site dedicated to hair like this one! I mean, everyone could improve their hair care skills, but I dont' know why I just got the impression that growing hair for them is not as...how shall I say..."involved" as it is for us (women of color). Afterall, we've been the ones bombarded with negative propaganda stating that our hair "can't grow", "good hair vs. bad hair", or that our hair "wasn't meant to be long". :rolleyes:
And not to mention that some of the hair care products "geared" towards African American women are not always the "best" of quality.

I'm just kind of surprised...but in a GOOD way! ;) It's nice to know that we're not the ONLY ones who "obsess" about the health of our hair.

OH...and don't be fooled! White women use chemicals in their hair too! MOST of them do anyway. They dye their hair, put highlights, all of that stuff. Some white women even have relaxers in their hair (yes...that's right...relaxers!), or texturizers, perms, you name it! SO, black women aren't the ONLY ones using chemicals either. ;)

katie

I've noticed on the long hair sites for white women it is more about growing to extreme lengths. Most of them are past bra strap and aiming for crazy lengths. Bra strap is short there.

Vintagecoilylocks

Before I found this site I learned mostly every thing from the The International long hair site www.longhair.org. That site is set up nicely and it's sole purpose is to help a lady grow long beautiful hair. I was so glad to find I was not the only person nuts about growing my hair. :lol:

Last edited:

Crystalicequeen123

katie said:
I've noticed on the long hair sites for white women it is more about growing to extreme lengths. Most of them are past bra strap and aiming for crazy lengths. Bra strap is short there.

That's true. I noticed that too. :yep:

Vintage: thanks for that link to longhair.org! I think I'll check it out! :up: ;)

mermaid

Okayyy.. Maybe it's because I grew up in a predominatley white area, but I can't believe ya'll are so surprised that white women have hair growing concerns.
Look around- you see women of other races who have F*CKED up hair growing outta their heads, and a lot of them have NO hair- you can see their scalps!! I just got fired from my job and while the manager was talking to me about my insurance and vacation pay out, all I could concentrate on was her pink scalp shining through her hair!!:lol:
There is all the complaint of mainstream stores having all the white geared products but not enough black- HELLO!!! There are a lot of white products because- they have problems too!! Not that it excuses stores not carrying and equal amount of black, white, Asian, Mexican or whatever products, but the point is, if you walk in an aisle in Walmart and it is 4 shelves high and 25 feet long and packed with white hair products- that should tell ya something.