Liquid Garlic Oil

Coffee

I picked up the last 3 bottles at Cost Plus which is going out of business. After washing my hair tonight, I put some garlic oil on my hair and it is potent as all get out:ohwell:. After 30 minutes I shampoo'd again to get rid of the smell and noticed very few hairs came out. I've tried the garlic pills and garlic poo and condish, but the straight garlic oil was so much betta!!

ShiShiPooPoo

I picked up the last 3 bottles at Cost Plus which is going out of business. After washing my hair tonight, I put some garlic oil on my hair and it is potent as all get out:ohwell:. After 30 minutes I shampoo'd again to get rid of the smell and noticed very few hairs came out. I've tried the garlic pills and garlic poo and condish, but the straight garlic oil was so much betta!!

I have been looking for garlic oil EVERYWHERE and cannot find it. Do they normally have it at the grocer?

Does your hair smell now?

Coffee

I have been looking for garlic oil EVERYWHERE and cannot find it. Do they normally have it at the grocer?

Does your hair smell now?

I think they normally carry it at Cost Plus, this one just happened to be going out of business. The smell is pretty much gone now.

gn1g

i found some a long time ago at the dollar tree. Be careful with it as it is very very potent.

AtlantaJJ

I bet it would only take like 3 drops in some conditoner to do the trick. I think they only put a very small amount in the conditoners like Alter Ego, etc. I would definately like to get some of that to have on hand in case shedding ever became an issue. Thanks for posting Coffee.

Leesh

AtlantaJJ, You are so Right, This would obviuosly be a better alternative, because you can control the amount of Garlic, as to how bad-off your shedding situation is, instead of paying that 22 Bucks for that Alter Ego, that probably only has trace amounts of Garlic.

Coffee

Using the garlic liquid in our condish is going to be a lot cheaper than Alter Ego and others. Another plus is we can make adjustments as needed:grin:.

AtlantaJJ

AtlantaJJ, You are so Right, This would obviuosly be a better alternative, because you can control the amount of Garlic, as to how bad-off your shedding situation is, instead of paying that 22 Bucks for that Alter Ego, that probably only has trace amounts of Garlic.
Exactly!!! I got my :eye: out for one of those bottles... I bet just about 3 drops is all you need per conditioning treatment. Garlic is strong!! :grin:

Jetblackhair

I bought a bottle of garlic oil from Wholefoods to use for my hair a few months ago, but instead I ended up cooking with it. :lick:

Thanks for the reminder Coffee.

sunshinelady

I don't think the garlic olive oil is as good as straight garlic oil.

I think all garlic oil is in the base of another oil. It isn't oil from the garlic bulb. You can get garlic essential oil, but it is expensive as heck.

Last edited:

Leesh

Dang, the closest whole foods is 25 miles away from me.:ohwell:

ShiShi, being as though You can cook with it , it may also be sold in the Grocery Stores, HMMMM!!! Never Know! I will look out for You, if I see some in one, I am positive it will be in most.

trendsetta25

I saw some at the BSS around my area and wondered if I should pick it up. After I took out my box braid I experienced sooo much shedding. I was upset because I felt that all my hard work went down the drain...literally
:perplexed (see sig pic..the ends are jacked up :sad:)
i ended up spending the $23.99 for the alter ego condish. :wallbash: