Let's Vote: Is Phytospecific Relaxer Natural or Not?

In your opinion, is Phytospecific Natural or Not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 93.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PerplexingComplex

People get their knickers in a bunch in threads like this. I believe the OP asked if the RELAXER is natural, not IF YOUR HAIR IS STILL NATURAL AFTER USING IT!

And please get over the "natural army" thing. Honestly, not everything is an agenda against relaxed heads. And for that matter, not every relaxed person is anti natural.

Do the ingredients occur naturally in nature in that form? Then it would be a natural relaxer. If mr Chemist had to do some serious chemical creations then no. It's not "natural."

I think the confusion of the question is because of the OP's flatiron statement. It seems irrelevant if she's just talking about the product being natural.

BraunSugar

First off, please don't be so quick to jump to the drama. Those type of little emoticons and saracasm/negativity are the reason why so many people have left this site. That is why I ASKED you what you meant, rather than assuming. If you had nothing to add to the thread, why post "the end of the world is nigh" and turn the tone negative?

IF you had actually clicked on the article originally posted, then you would have seen that the question posed to beauty brains refers to "African-American textured hair," which is why I used the term. It's also clear that the term Afro-textured hair is quite commonly used and accepted as a valid way to describe type 3 and type 4 hair kinky/curly/coarse hair. Race has nothing to do with whether "beauty brains" is a good website. There are thousands of "beauty" websites that exist only to generate hits and ad revenue. I believe that beauty brains is one of them.

Second, no one....no one in this entire thread...said "natural means good." Nor did anyone say "chemicals equal bad." I think everyone agreed that Phyto is a good product, that it's more gentle than other relaxers, that it permanently alters hair and comes with the same risks as any other relaxers. Some said it's a chemical, some said it could possibly be considered natural.

Based on the well-thought out answers discussing the chemical components of relaxer, this is obviously a topic that is debatable, so I don't see why it's baffling.

Good luck with your transition and journey to natural. I won't be posting any further thoughts in this thread....I already knew that the natural/transitioning army would appear and attack soon enough.

Hi there,

I couldn't help but notice the phytospecific avatar you have. Are you in any way affiliated with the company or just a die hard user? :rolleyes:

Luscious Locks

Wow, this was a completed innocent question at first. I just wanted to know people's thoughts on the relaxer. Not on hair texture....

To the science majors: thanks for the clarification on what lime meant. I'd hate to be walking around with mis information.

Solitude, thanks for clarifying my question.

Braun Sugar, Solitude, to my knowledge, is not affiliated with Phyto. She is, however, a devout Phyto user as am I.

Nayna

Unbothered
I wouldn't really consider the "thebeautybrains" a great source of information, especially on topics concerning African-American hair care.

What is this supposed to mean?

Then what would you consider a great source? Personally I take information from many sources not just ones directed solely at "African American" hair care. The basics for caring for hair are generally the same for all races. Plus, you don't have to be black to break down what's in a relaxer.

n_vizion

I bought Phyto for the first time because of it's claim on being a gentler, less harsh version of a relaxer. My experience with it was unpleasant to say the least. For me it seemed to be even more harsh on my hair than my usual Fiberguard. I so wanted it to work for me.

To answer the question, I don't think it's a natural product.

Solitude

Hi there,

I couldn't help but notice the phytospecific avatar you have. Are you in any way affiliated with the company or just a die hard user? :rolleyes:

I'm not posting any more answers in regards to the subject of this thread, but I thought this question needed answering.

NO. I am not affiliated with Phyto or any other company. I've been on this site for years now and I used and discussed dozens of products and brands. To name a few,

Bee Mine
Hairveda
KeraCare
Miss Jessie's
Shea Moisture
Silicon Mix
Nexxus
Aveda
Of course, Phyto

These are the brands in my rotation right now; however, during the Phyto family and friends sale, I purchased a bunch of Phyto and plan to narrow down the number of products that I use. Thanks.